Welcome to ZRoadster.org - BMW Z1 Z4 Z8 Z3 Forum and Technical Database

If you want to join in with the discussion, and see the areas which are available only to members then sign up now!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Central locking not working

Discussion in 'Z3 Roadster & Coupé' started by si-forks, Sep 30, 2012.

1. si-forks

si-forks Dedicated Member

Model of Z:
    I know this is a common fault and is normally down to the boot wiring loom but I've checked the wiring in the boot and all is fine.
    The car will all unlock from the passenger side but from the drivers side door ,only the door and the boot opens not the passenger side door, the wife just think I'm trying to keep her out!!!
    Is it the central locking actuator and if it is which side do I need to replace thanks for any help
    Si-forks on tapatalk

Si-forks on tapatalk

2. Aceman

Aceman Moderator
    British Zeds 3rd Party Trader

Model of Z:
    ///M Roadster
    From what you say your symptoms are the fault is definitely on the passenger side. Firstly as you can open from the passenger side your actuators and wiring in both drivers and boot doors would appear to be OK. I would suggest it is either the wiring in the passenger door (positive feed to actuator) or the actuator itself. It shouldn't be too much trouble to rule out the wiring if you put a meter on the actuator and get someone to lock and unlock the car.

Shouldn't cost too much for a replacement actuator from a breakers yard if it turns out to be that, try Quarry Motors in Sheffield they should have one (01142755916). ;)

3. si-forks

si-forks Dedicated Member

Model of Z:
    Thanks for your help

Si-forks on tapatalk