central locking help..

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
i know this has been covered but i cant seem to get this one fixed.
basics....m43 integrated key fob x 1 of
drivers side actuator not working you have to open it manually after turning off the alarm.

went to car to open it pressed key fob and nothing but you can here it trying to fire the actuator.
changed battery in fob still not opening.
checked fuses and are fine.
opened drivers door with key and the alarm sounds.
checked boot loom (already been done last year) with multi meter and its fine.
tried boot lock opens and shuts but wont fire passenger door lock.
when i open the drivers door manually and try to open the passenger door from the inside its remains locked (door pin goes up and down but its dead locked)
kind just run into a dead end with it now as you cant enter the car without the alarm going off.
anyone got anymore ideas?

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
ok door card off....anyone know how i can get the door open?
have used the multimeter on the connector on the window motor as this is clicking when i press the key fob and i get 12v through it...and can hear the alarm box clicking at the same time

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
Can you get to the actuator now and pull the connecting rod or is it built into the lock, not sure myself as it's one thing I haven't had to medal with so far.

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
i can feel the actuator with the connector on top and i can move it up and down but the door remains locked.....doing my head in as it sets off the alarm when i reconnect the battery to try it.
what i cant understand is that i cant turn the alarm off................if i lock the car up and reconnect the battery the alarm sounds then goes of after about 30 secs .
if i press the fob to unlock you can hear the click from the alarm box and from the window motor..in fact you can feel it if you put your hand on it...but the alarm wont unset....the immobilizer kicks in because the alarm is still set so i cant even drive it somewhere.........like a big cliff with rocks at the bottom :ymdevil:

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
I'm sure I've read somewhere that the connecting rod can come adrift from the lock hence no unlocking... I'll try and find it

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
please snoops i'd appreciate it.........cant understand why the drivers door will open using the inside/outside handles but the passenger door wont.

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
so will the passenger door open with either the outside or the inside handle?

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
no passenger door wont open with any handle or fob and the alarm wont unset

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
OK this is my logic and not experience because I too have a passenger door actuator problem and haven't summed up the courage to take it all apart but looking at the diagram my logic is telling me that part 3 is adrift, hence no manual or remote opening of the lock. Therefore the car believes the lock to be locked no matter what you do as the lever isn't unlocking it.. can you see or feel if the bar is still attached or not??

Door lock parts link

stevie_a

Zorg Guru (IV)
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3
I disagree, that leaver only operates the wee chrome button that tels you the door is locked or unlocked

the bar you will want will be the one connected to the lock mechanism and the solenoid

( now i have never taken the Z3 door off but this is the case with majority of cars.

I would say #11 or #6 HERE

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
hmmm i like your logic snoops.........this maybe the case but its dammed hard with the door locked.....if i pull the inner handle part 3 goes up with it....if i pull the part 3 its connected to something...but its good logic..and explains why the alarm wont switch off......the real issue is that because the door is locked i can only feel what is going on....real pain this one

Stevie thats the one that runs from the inner handle to the lock?.....and that seems to operate movement in the door pin as well?

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
yep cheers snoops......... ;)
its getting dark now so im going to have a crack at it again tomorrow.....im trying to work out what to move in order to open the door or release the latch...blood nightmare when you cant see it

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
Probably best - you'll look at it with a fresh pair of eyes in the morning and all will be clear (hopefully) :D

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
ok snoops it looks like your the winner.. :D
the door pin wont stay in the up position....when i get my fingers in there i can feel the end if a spring thats come off in the lock...........however this is in the lock part and is sticking through to the lever from the door pin and because i can phisicly see in there and can only get one finger in there is no way of seeing where it attaches to...so i have a real situation of the lock has failed not the actuator :(

or just looking at a pic now it could be the end of the spring i can feel

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
I'm looking on the web to see if I can find anything else, Found this which has some detailed close up pictures of the lock at the bottom, I thought it might help if you can see on the photo what you can't physically see but can work out what to pull/push to get the lock open.

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
o0o thats a good find... :ymparty:

spring in the middle is the part i can feel...but its sharp as tho its snapped....there is no turn on it to lock it on the retaining part at the side

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
swamper said:
o0o thats a good find... :ymparty:
Have you got the door open though :-\ What do those 2 things do on the bottom left and bottom of the picture, do either of those move, the one on the bottom looks like it will move ??