Can a OEM BMW light/rain sensor be fitted on a BMW Z3

Kevin Gerard

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
BMW Z3 2.2(M54)
I'm not sure if anyone has already retrofitted a oem BMW light/rain sensor to a Z3, but it would be a great add on accessory to the car. If anyone has already done this work to your Z3, please share how it can be done.

Thanks

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Is that automatic lights/wipers? I'd imagine a lot of messing about, and probably not enough wiring loom available on the Z3. I've seen auto dimming mirrors being fitted, but nothing as complicated as this though.

DivideBYZero

Zorg Guru (I)
Model of Z
Z3 2.2
The light and rain sensor will work in tandem with a LCM, light control module, so I would expect unless you can rig an e46 LCM in there too it will probably be a tough job.

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
The american Z3M S54 came with a dimmable rearview mirror which can be retrofitted if you can get hold of one but not heard of anyone fitting auto wiper/lights module but in theory should be achievable. I would would look around for an aftermarket system though as that would probably at the end of the day be easier to do rather than trying to retrofit a module from another model of BMW into the Z3 and figuring out the wiring for it.

Z

zedonist

The Z3 is fitted with speed sensitive wipers, i.e they slow down as the car slows down, and then become intermittent until you pull away