Archived Calling Essex lads and lasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodsZ3

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
2.2i Sport
I was wondering, as there seems to be a small group of Essex folk gathered in the south of the county, if anyone fancied meeting up one evening in a local pub for a half or two? :beer

As at least two of us live in Writtle, how about an evening next week, Wednesday 1st or Thursday 2nd Feb at the Wheatsheaf? :ymhug:

Subsequent meets, if they happen can be centred on other members localities. :D

An informal chat about any local tours once the sun regularly appears could be up for discussion along with other Z or non Z chat. :)

Just a thought on these dark damp evenings.

Rod

Garythefish

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
S54 Z3M
Summertime is fine

At the moment the Mustang Club meet monthly at Seabrights Barn in Galleywood just off the A12, good carvery for £8.95

Another meet I attend is at The Lodge, Rettendon just off the A130

Warrior

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
3.0i sports automatic
RodsZ3 said:
I was wondering, as there seems to be a small group of Essex folk gathered in the south of the county, if anyone fancied meeting up one evening in a local pub for a half or two? :beer

As at least two of us live in Writtle, how about an evening next week, Wednesday 1st or Thursday 2nd Feb at the Wheatsheaf? :ymhug:

Subsequent meets, if they happen can be centred on other members localities. :D

An informal chat about any local tours once the sun regularly appears could be up for discussion along with other Z or non Z chat. :)

Just a thought on these dark damp evenings.

Rod
That wasn't you I saw sitting in Lodge Road this afternoon was it? Black Zed with a hardtop, blonde shoulder length hour and red lipstick!!? :D Or is it you who lurks up Victoria Road with the Blue motor and another beemer on the drive?

Anyway, thanks for the invite but not for me on this occasion but certainly when the covers are off and the suns shining a bit. I will leave my comments about the Wheatsheaf landlord for another day but it's a venue over who's threshold I will never pass. (Don't know how I managed to write that last bit without using the word tosser ;) )

I'm also trying hard to stay on the wagon as my weight to power ratio and being accused of looking like Noddy has driven me to curb my consumption of late.

But seriously, i'm still at work now, as I will be most nights for a few weeks and wouldn't be very good company even if I could get away.

RodsZ3

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
2.2i Sport
Gazza, be good if I could join you in the summer to see some Americana **== ....someone living around the corner from me has a Corvette parked on the drive but never had the oppotunity to have words with the owner.

Warrior....no not me guv! I've seen a very shiny Black Z3 dropping a child off at Hylands Junior school in the summer and to be honest I thought it was your Topaz 2.0 Z3 up near where the Victoria used to be, :-? haven't seen it there for a bit?
Then are you the Silver near the old Post Office? ;)) I'm off Millfields at the back of the church.

The Wheatsheaf?? :-q Obviously struck a nerve there....to be honest I've only been in there a couple of times, the beer is good but got served by a young barmaid both times.

However hopefully we'll meet up sometime in summer :-h ....in the meantime it might be a "Johnny-no-mates" moment for me next week!! x_x

Rod

Garythefish

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
S54 Z3M
Rod, you're welcome to join us at Seabrights, Summer is usually better as the lighter evenings brings more people out. Third Friday of the month.

Warrior

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
3.0i sports automatic
RodsZ3 said:
Gazza, be good if I could join you in the summer to see some Americana **== ....someone living around the corner from me has a Corvette parked on the drive but never had the oppotunity to have words with the owner.

Warrior....no not me guv! I've seen a very shiny Black Z3 dropping a child off at Hylands Junior school in the summer and to be honest I thought it was your Topaz 2.0 Z3 up near where the Victoria used to be, :-? haven't seen it there for a bit?
Then are you the Silver near the old Post Office? ;)) I'm off Millfields at the back of the church.

The Wheatsheaf?? :-q Obviously struck a nerve there....to be honest I've only been in there a couple of times, the beer is good but got served by a young barmaid both times.

However hopefully we'll meet up sometime in summer :-h ....in the meantime it might be a "Johnny-no-mates" moment for me next week!! x_x

Rod
Silver yes, Post office no.......... I'm up the Ongar Road although you won't see Zeddy from the front! I'm guessing you are in 'something' Court tucked out of the way from passers by?

The presence of a barmaid alongside the landlord at the Wheatsheaf is proof positive that it is possible to get 3 tits behind a small bar at the same time ;)

RodsZ3

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
2.2i Sport
I'll be going along to the Writtle Wheatsheaf tomorrow evening (Feb 1st) at around 8.00pm just to see how good the beer is :beer and how bad the landlord turns out to be :-?? (rude by all accounts...not only from Warrior).....I'll write my findings in the 'Favorite Pubs and Resturants' catorgory (or what ever it's called). If anyone wants to join me that would be jolly :)

As I said, it may be a "Johnny-no-Mates" situation but at least I'm doing beer research for Zorg...hey! someone has to do it! :-bd

Rod

Warrior

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
3.0i sports automatic
RodsZ3 said:
I'll be going along to the Writtle Wheatsheaf tomorrow evening (Feb 1st) at around 8.00pm just to see how good the beer is :beer and how bad the landlord turns out to be :-?? (rude by all accounts...not only from Warrior).....I'll write my findings in the 'Favorite Pubs and Resturants' catorgory (or what ever it's called). If anyone wants to join me that would be jolly :)

As I said, it may be a "Johnny-no-Mates" situation but at least I'm doing beer research for Zorg...hey! someone has to do it! :-bd

Rod
It always makes me wonder how a 'rude' *landlord manages to survive in this day and age but the pub has got a good reputation for it's beer so i'm sure you'll be ok.

*as opposed to a 'rude' landlady ;)

I'll PM you with my landlord story to save boring you at a future time. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.