Boot Loom of DEATH #SORTED

Mazza

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 1.9 M44 Roadster Z3 2.8 Project
Good job with the repairs...just one thing....you’ve put them back in the wrong hole !!!!:whistle:

C6E49F4B-EF25-46E6-92DA-24BF4496DB70.jpeg

Edit.....missed the word ‘ relocated’ .........:banghead: my mistake !

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL
Good work, this is something I need to do on my silver Zed. My central locking doesn't work and although I haven't investigated it, I'm thinking the boot loom is the most likely culprit. Good idea to re-route the wires too :beer

Fender2004

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
I was wondering.......... if you could just unplug the wiring from the boot lid, and feed it back through the holes, then rewire the boot but not push the wires through the hole in the bulkhead and it saves you cutting and soldering all the wires.
Good job though :thumbsup:

K-os90

I was wondering.......... if you could just unplug the wiring from the boot lid, and feed it back through the holes, then rewire the boot but not push the wires through the hole in the bulkhead and it saves you cutting and soldering all the wires.
Good job though :thumbsup:
That was an idea but felt that it could potentially still crush or snag the loom, and didn’t want to do the process all again

Worth the thought though in my opinion

K-os90

Good work, this is something I need to do on my silver Zed. My central locking doesn't work and although I haven't investigated it, I'm thinking the boot loom is the most likely culprit. Good idea to re-route the wires too :beer
I found that my rear brake light and locking to the boot had stopped working, which was the culprit from the loom, now everything works, I hope you find the problem or this resolved it for you mate