Bonnet wont open

Ashbandicoot

Passed Away, July 27 2015
Deceased
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
As per title, the handle in the car has plenty of tension but it just doesnt seem to release the bonnet...

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Ash

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Get someone to press down gently on the bonnet while you pull the release.

Ashbandicoot

Deceased
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Get someone press down gently on the bonnet while you pull the release.
I think the bodyshop has left a screwdriver under the bonnet, there is what looks like a green handle when i looked through the left kidney grille

Ash

Brian4

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3 3.0i Auto
Take it back to them and ask them to open it then in your presence, I assume they were the last to work on it and if it is a screwdriver make sure no other damage done.

Ashbandicoot

Deceased
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Take it back to them and ask them to open it then in your presence, I assume they were the last to work on it and if it is a screwdriver make sure no other damage done.
Not sure what it is to be honest..
20141208_191201.jpg

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I think HT's answer is the one but press down very heavily with the flat palms of your hands on the area above the grilles where the strength is whilst someone else operates the release handle. Obviously whatever has been left between the bonnet and the landing panel has pit extra pressure on the bonnet catches. If you're confident that you know who left the object under there take the problem back to them. Good luck Ash either way.

Tony.

Ashbandicoot

Deceased
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Used a screwdriver, mallet and drill combination to smash the green thing apart and still needed to man handle the bonnet to get it to release!

It was a magnetic torch, part of it remained in place lol

20141208_202934.jpg

I have saved the remains to show the bodyshop tomorrow :mad:

Ash

Nifty Fifty

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Well done but please the suspense is killing me, what was the object ??:nailbiting:

Brian4

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3 3.0i Auto
At least it was a bit hollow and hopefully no damage. I know of somebody who left a ratchet on the engine cover and slammed the bonnet shut and some lovely dents in the bonnet.

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
At least it was a bit hollow and hopefully no damage. I know of somebody who left a ratchet on the engine cover and slammed the bonnet shut and some lovely dents in the bonnet.
How about my crazy buddy that left a ratchet on his battery and slammed the hood/bonnet to the sound of the battery exploding. No injuries! JIM

Ashbandicoot

Deceased
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
:facepalm: no damage to the bonnet luckily, would have just made them repair and respray it

I should add the bodyshop made a great job of the panels and bumper!

mini

Zorg Legend
I would have just gave it a tickle ! Things open for me when I give them a tickle ,,, generally its what I do with mine :happy:

B

badman gee

I would have just gave it a tickle ! Things open for me when I give them a tickle ,,, generally its what I do with mine :happy:
It will cost you more than a tickle for me to open up!

mini

Zorg Legend
And not that kind o tickler pal ! We might wear skirts up in the highlands but thats where it ends !! Ha

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Your real name Arthur Fonzerelli???? Heeaay.