BMW Z4 Wind Deflector boot lid bracket clips

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
I'm sure one of you fine lot can help me out.

Part #4 is a pair of brackets for holding the wind deflector inside the boot lid when not fitted.
1631982134546.png

The listed PN 54347117751 breaks down to "Set of mounts f wind deflector, trunk lid" which is a kit which doesn't break down further to the components.

1631982283423.png

I'm looking for whatever these are below as I have the brackets. I'm sure they have a generic name, but I have no idea what to call them to search!

The kits are around £32 so I'd rather just get the clips, hopefully they are cheaper that way (although with BMW parts you never know!).
1631982325217.png

DomiMik

Zorg Guru (II)
German Zeds
Don't know how this is called in English, I guess the best translation would be 'expanding nut' although it's not quite the same in my opinion.
I found many listings on ebay, many of them will ship to UK upon request:

Hope this helps somehow, a quick research on a german E85 forum showed that these nuts cannot be bought from BMW separately so this might be the only solution :confused:

Regards
Dominik

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Thank you Dominik, it's heading me in the right direction! Using what you've found I'm heading down the route of "Screw Grommets Expanding Nuts" which is giving some promising results on UK eBay.

These are similar, just need to get my measuring calipers and then find some a similar size!

1631985219776.png

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I think Malc @Mazza had some similar fixings for wheel arch liner screws Gaz.

Tony.

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Success! Ordered the clips sized as per the dimensions in the image and fit perfectly.

20x Plastic Universal Expanding Nuts Locking Nuts Screw Grommets Fits VW & Audi - £3.49

Ordered
1634391228342.png