Wanted BMW Z3 M sport gear knob insert

David Brooks

Zorg Addict
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 1.9
The emblem on the gear stick on a car I have just bought is toast ! Anyone replaced this ? And if so do you have the part number or supplier details please.

cheers

Attachments

petecossie

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3 M Coupe
I doubt if you can just buy the emblem on their own, definitely not from BMW dealer. They will only sell the complete knob. The illuminated version is about £120!! I can give you part number if required. Might be cheap versions of emblem on eBay.

David Brooks

Zorg Addict
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 1.9
I doubt if you can just buy the emblem on their own, definitely not from BMW dealer. They will only sell the complete knob. The illuminated version is about £120!! I can give you part number if required. Might be cheap versions of emblem on eBay.
Cheers Pete, maybe the only way to sort the issue, if you get chance please dig the part number out, much appreciated.

petecossie

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3 M Coupe
The emblem mentioned on eBay in post above looks to be the way to go if it's just the emblem you want.

If you really want to go for a complete illuminated gear knob I've found two options on the parts site I use.

1) Illuminated leather gearstick knob (M-SPORT/5-GANG ) (25112231550) - £ 139.70
2) Illuminated leather gearstick knob (M-TECHNIK) (25112231551) - £ 121.01

Strangely they both have in the description the following :-

M-Technik ILLUMINATED LEATHER SHIFTING KNOB
Teilegruppe Automatic transmission CVT belt

You really must check at a dealer to make sure you are ordering the correct part at that price. I input the details for my Z3 M Coupe to bring these part numbers up. Hope this helps.

David Brooks

Zorg Addict
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 1.9
The emblem mentioned on eBay in post above looks to be the way to go if it's just the emblem you want.

If you really want to go for a complete illuminated gear knob I've found two options on the parts site I use.

1) Illuminated leather gearstick knob (M-SPORT/5-GANG ) (25112231550) - £ 139.70
2) Illuminated leather gearstick knob (M-TECHNIK) (25112231551) - £ 121.01

Strangely they both have in the description the following :-

M-Technik ILLUMINATED LEATHER SHIFTING KNOB
Teilegruppe Automatic transmission CVT belt

You really must check at a dealer to make sure you are ordering the correct part at that price. I input the details for my Z3 M Coupe to bring these part numbers up. Hope this helps.
Thanks Pete, will ask my local dealer

David Brooks

Zorg Addict
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 1.9
do you have any photos? just to check on condition, also Not an expert will this fit my car ok ?

also, what sort of price would you need ?

many thanks

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
I have a non-illuminated M gear knob that I could sell.

Strangely, neither of my Ms has had an illuminated knob.
Neither of mine did either, had to replace both with new ones, I guess when they wear out/break previous owners didn't like the cost of new illuminated ones