Bmw z3 hardtop fitting kit need help!

LeoIWH

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3i (Dismantled)
Hi everyone, just bought my self a BMW z3 hardtop fitting kit for £260, arrived today it was massive and I wasn't expecting it to be that heavy and big lol and then I went to install it but then I was doing on the UK passenger side and the bloody 13mm screw fell in this hole and I tried to use a magnet picker but it fell deeper any ideas of recovery???
thanks

Attachments

LeoIWH

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3i (Dismantled)
Got it out after 1 and half hour with the vacuum glad it worked!
Thanks again

Clockwatcher

Zorg Legend
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
@LeoIWH,

Good to see you got it back after using @hard top's trick of using a vacuum cleaner.

A good tip is when removing bolts and screws in areas where they may fall into holes is to stuff a rag or paper towels into the gaps. They might stop a bolts or screw being lost or causing damage. Always double check you have removed the rags and paper towels after you have finished!

LeoIWH

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3i (Dismantled)
@LeoIWH,

Good to see you got it back after using @hard top's trick of using a vacuum cleaner.

A good tip is when removing bolts and screws in areas where they may fall into holes is to stuff a rag or paper towels into the gaps. They might stop a bolts or screw being lost or causing damage. Always double check you have removed the rags and paper towels after you have finished!
very useful tip for me! Thanks

bp;ptxus

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
z3M
just came across this, and know it´s a bit too late, but I have a couple of ¨tools´that are worth keeping hand:
1. Get a grabbing probe with a claw on the end. Halfords sell one for about a fiver. it is long, thin, flexible and has a ¨claw¨at the end for grabbing, as well as a magnet
2. get a magnetic tray. that way when you remove anything, it stays in the tray until you physically take hold of it.
Enjoy the HT. I will be putting my one back on again soon!