• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

SOLD BMW Z3 Cruise Control

Still has a type of clutch switch or bypass whether manual or auto
Stephen
 
Didn't realise an auto right then you will need to check it has the clutch bridging switch in place.
View attachment 251887View attachment 251889

Stephen.
Thanks Stephen, but as mine's a M54 fly-by-wire do I still need this? The diagram above is for earlier no-fly-by-wire vehicles. I guess if I can't make it work any other way I could bridge pins 23/24 of the ECU anyway?
 
The diagram above shows all cruise control parts for cable and drive by wire set up .
Yes you still need the clutch bypass if auto and switch if manual.
Auto needs bypass to complete the circuitry.
Manual needs the switch to know if clutch pedal is depressed.
Stephen.
 
Thanks Stephen, but as mine's a M54 fly-by-wire do I still need this? The diagram above is for earlier no-fly-by-wire vehicles. I guess if I can't make it work any other way I could bridge pins 23/24 of the ECU anyway?
I fitted Cruise Control to my 2002, M54 fly by wire, 2.2 a few years ago. The clutch switch was already fitted and wired up. All I did was fit the column switch and the controller. All works fine, including the cruise disengaginng when the clutch pedal is depressed.
 
I can confirm that, after getting the local garage to prepare the car for MOT they needed to replace brake light bulbs on both sides, the Cruise control now works perfectly:thumbsup:
 
Just about to install the same on my M54 3.0 manual... Am I correct that the above doesn't apply to mine and its just a matter of plugging in the interface and stalk switch?
Absolutely Ade, That's all I did. Just needed brake light bulbs replacing to get it to work but if your bulbs are ok, it shouldn't be a problem
 
If its a manual it will need the clutch pedal switch like on Daves 2.2?

Tony.
 
Back
Top