BMW Z1 - Body Panels

ZEEWEEONE

Hello Everyone, have been reading some of the posts and was wondering if anyone had managed to source any Z1 body panels from within the USA, there are some companies selling panels out of Germany ( https://www.fmw-tuning.de/bmw/z1/z1...sort=price_desc&filter_id=0&listing_count=100) and Slovakia , but was wondering if there was any one more local. My car was in storage for about 4 years and almost all of the side panels are cracked or damaged.

thanks in advance
Rich

Althulas

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
M Roadster
I could not see anything on a quick Google but looking at the prices on your linked website wouldn’t it be cheaper to have yours repaired and re sprayed at a reputable body shop near you? Even secondhand panels I’ve seen on uk eBay are eye watering compared to the site you have linked.

Pingu

Zorg Guru (III)
3rd Party Trader
I think that all the panels are fibreglass.

I think it would be an idea to find a fibreglass mould maker and offer your car as a mould, and have a free set of panels. They can use the moulds to make panels to order. I think there is a small fortune to be made by doing this.

liquidity

Try a US BMW dealer - if the parts are available they should be able to order them. They won't be cheap though!

The front and rear lids and tonneau cover are GRP; the rest of the panels are a type of polyurethane like what's used in bumpers so flexible. But as they age they lose their flexibility and develop cracks at stress points.
:banghead: