• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

SOLD Black & Red Chameleon Leather Sport Seats & Door Cards

Is that the price that's been bid or is that the price they are asking? They can ask £2k but doesn't mean they are worth it.
 
Is that the price that's been bid or is that the price they are asking? They can ask £2k but doesn't mean they are worth it.

I am asking £2500 for mine on eBay, so that should 'up' any asking price in future
seriously, to find out their worth, I would be asking people how much they paid for theirs. My M seats with coloured dashboard, and centre console, and door cards were £350 all in. Be happy if you get more, content if you get this amount. eBay auctions sold price will be the true value.
Just auction them and make sure you notify as many people as you can about the auction. watch the price rise to the true value.
 
I'm asking £650 for a pair of very tidy black and red Sport seats. I'm not trying to establish a new price benchmark. I'm just asking what my research has suggested I'd need to pay if I wanted to replace them. I spend about an hour everyday checking cars/spares for sale so I do know the market quite well.

Circumstances change and currently I'd rather have the space/money.

I didn't really want to start world war 3 and having people saying I paid x or y. And if I wanted to put them on eBay I would have done. I do my business on here wherever possible.

If no one wants them that's fine! If they are unsold after 2 weeks I'll be removing them from sale.

I'm not a greedy person. I'm giving away a whole load of useable stuff on another post.

And no I've not turned into captain grumpy. I'm just managing the way I do business.

Now let's hope the weather is as nice today as it was in Swindon yesterday. Trudy was retaxed early and had a lovely time running errands around town with her top down :)
 
At the end of the day a person who wants them will pay what they feel is a fair price, be it £300 or £3000 - it's what they are worth to the individual at that time. If you don't want them or think they are overpriced, don't buy them, it's quite simple really.

To me they look nice and, if I was after a set, I'd buy them without hesitation.
GLWS
 
Hi, Im interested in your seats and door cards for my silver car, I have black sports seats but I fancy a change.
When you get time would it be possible to send some high quality pics of the drivers seat and door cards. ([email protected])
The passenger seat looks ok, have you cleaned it in the pics ?

Do all the electrics work ?

Regards Rob
 
I'm interested too. Would they fit in a 1997 Z do you know? Its a hotrot red so not sure if it will match or clash;)
 
I'm interested too. Would they fit in a 1997 Z do you know? Its a hotrot red so not sure if it will match or clash;)

They will fit but will need the adapter wiring harness that BMW produced for this purpose. Simple to fit but the harnesses are not the cheapest. I'll see if I can find someone online with them and get a price.

You're welcome to bring your car over to try the seats against or even in.

As to whether they clash. I think that's subjective and also down to the shade of red but I don't see why not. There are plenty of Topaz Blue cars with blue /black Sport seats.
 
This is the cable you will require to plug a facelift seat into a pre-facelift car. They are about £40 a side from the dealer.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...-1998-Z3-BMW-Z3_19&diagId=61_1214#61106916218

You might also like to read this where someone puts red/black M seats into a red car (page 2). It also shows a way of lashing up the harness without the OE adapter.

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11913

I bought a pair of wire looms to fit facelift seats in a prefacelift car. They were £52 each from Sopers. I put a photo up of the parts with the part numbers but can't find the thread at the minute
 
I'm asking £650 for a pair of very tidy black and red Sport seats. I'm not trying to establish a new price benchmark. I'm just asking what my research has suggested I'd need to pay if I wanted to replace them. I spend about an hour everyday checking cars/spares for sale so I do know the market quite well.

Circumstances change and currently I'd rather have the space/money.

I didn't really want to start world war 3 and having people saying I paid x or y. And if I wanted to put them on eBay I would have done. I do my business on here wherever possible.

If no one wants them that's fine! If they are unsold after 2 weeks I'll be removing them from sale.

I'm not a greedy person. I'm giving away a whole load of useable stuff on another post.

And no I've not turned into captain grumpy. I'm just managing the way I do business.

Now let's hope the weather is as nice today as it was in Swindon yesterday. Trudy was retaxed early and had a lovely time running errands around town with her top down :)


Hi what is the lowest you would go for the seats as you can see they would look great in my car and be one of the finishing touches.
I can pay you cash and collect from you as soon as possible.
Also where would they be located.
Cheers
Tim
 
Hi what is the lowest you would go for the seats as you can see they would look great in my car and be one of the finishing touches.
I can pay you cash and collect from you as soon as possible.
Also where would they be located.
Cheers
Tim

I already have a couple of other people interested. It's stalled with me due to a hectic week at work and doing a shower room conversion for my old Mum and Dad.

I wanted to get the seats cleaned up and take more pictures which I have now done. They received much attention with Dr Leather which I'm lead to believe is the finest cleaner out there. They certainly look even better now although Dr Leather recommend a 2nd & 3rd application. Since they are the consultants who amongst other things advise on the right type of leather for professional football boots and car seats, who am I to argue :) Whoever buys them can have that privilege though :)

I'll post more photos up today or tomorrow but as I say there are a couple of others who have first dibs.

But you sound keen and they are here to be sold although only at the right money and with the door cards.

Watch this space. And sorry for the delay to all waiting but my work and my Parents will always take priority (kids too btw we were also off looking at universities this week). Oh and 'er indoors s'pose ;)
 
They do look great, if they were closer and I hadn't just put brand new ones into the car I think they would be more comfortable Than the stock seats! JIM
 
Stacks of photos taken. Not the best, sorry, it was too blinkin' cold on Saturday to take them outside in proper light.

As mentioned we used Dr Leather and I was very happy with the result. They are very solid seats with no holes or nasty wear in the leather. The flash exploits the natural wear lines on the bolsters but in reality they are very pretty seats and without paying a lot more money for mint ones they're as good or better than the vast majority. You'll see the same creases are a lot less noticeable where flash was not used.

There are a couple of stubborn marks we only managed to lighten rather than remove but they are small and detract very little from the overall appearance.

Dr Leather recommends 2 or even 3 applications and while you're likely to start encountering the law of diminishing returns I'm sure this will bring them on even more.

Dr Leather does not require any conditioning balm. In fact the manufacturer seems to hate the stuff.

I'll get back to those who enquired in the order received.

IMG_0918.webp
IMG_0920.webp
IMG_0921.webp
IMG_0923.webp
IMG_0917.webp
IMG_0919.webp
IMG_0915.webp
IMG_0914.webp
IMG_0916.webp
IMG_0933.webp
IMG_0932.webp
IMG_0934.webp
IMG_0931.webp
IMG_0927.webp
IMG_0929.webp
IMG_0930.webp
IMG_0928.webp
IMG_0925.webp
IMG_0926.webp
IMG_0924.webp
IMG_0922.webp
 
Back
Top