Black range rover

benf

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 E89
Spotted yesterday in ticknall Derbyshire reg was LIZ 1 thought it might have been the queen! Wonder what's worth more the car or the plate? sorry no photo.

Geophys

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2i Sport
About 20 years ago, one of my neighbours, who lived in a retirement house, had an oldish Honda civic, I believe it was about a 1980 car. He was always dressed as what I would describe as Shabby Genteel. You could see that he had been much better off in earlier years, and he was the epitome of a true gentleman. His 1980 Honda Civic had the plate 'B1' must have been worth a lot more than his house, but he wouldn't sell it as it had been in his family since it was originally issued.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
A Colonel Sanders used to own Gate Burton Hall near here and had BE 1 on a Rolls when we were kids. I recall being told it was the first reg. issued in Lincs.

Tony.

benf

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 E89
A Colonel Sanders used to own Gate Burton Hall near here and had BE 1 on a Rolls when we were kids. I recall being told it was the first reg. issued in Lincs.

Tony.
Wasn't colonel Sanders the chicken bloke:D

Olliebeak

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 2.5
I used to work at a Riley distributors many years ago and I remember a little old lady used to regularly bring her Riley RME in for service, the reg no was X1 unfortunately dont know the story behind it. I only remember because it was the only decent car in the workshop the rest being BL detritus , minis ,1100, maxi, marina etc

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Wasn't colonel Sanders the chicken bloke:D
No mate it wasn't but the family are related to Shirley Temple the child actress.

Tony.

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 Individual Dakar / Orinoco Individual
There was an old guy used to come into our work ( since passed away ) he had a fiat seicento and the reg was E3
When he passed away his family auctioned the plate with a free car .
Auction made the papers here plate sold for £254,000

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Must admit I do like a nice personalized number plate
Agree with that I also like a private number :thumbsup:

Would like my Dakar zeds plate even more if I could ditch the ' p' from the start so it said
23DAK ( z3 dakar)
Instead of P23DAK
Stephen.

benf

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 E89
There was an old guy used to come into our work ( since passed away ) he had a fiat seicento and the reg was E3
When he passed away his family auctioned the plate with a free car .
Auction made the papers here plate sold for £254,000
Unbelievable what the wealthy will pay! Think I read somewhere that the number F1 was about a million, crazy

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Unbelievable what the wealthy will pay! Think I read somewhere that the number F1 was about a million, crazy
Saw my initial on a plate a few year ago
SR1 £250,000
SR2 £ 200,000
Like I said I like a private number but you need to have more money than sense to be paying that for a bit of plastic for the front and back of your car that you never actually own ( the dvla owns the plate all your paying for is the right to display it ) then if you abuse that right ( illegal spacing etc ) you can have the plate removed from you then you've payed out a ton of money for something you no longer have.
Stephen.

benf

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 E89
Saw my initial on a plate a few year ago
SR1 £250,000
SR2 £ 200,000
Like I said I like a private number but you need to have more money than sense to be paying that for a bit of plastic for the front and back of your car that you never actually own ( the dvla owns the plate all your paying for is the right to display it ) then if you abuse that right ( illegal spacing etc ) you can have the plate removed from you then you've payed out a ton of money for something you no longer have.
Stephen.
Didn't realise that, I thought once you've bought it, it's yours, typical of government :(

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Didn't realise that, I thought once you've bought it, it's yours, typical of government :(
Didn't realise that myself till I had watched an episode of police interceptors and they had warned a driver that they would apply to dvla to have his plate removed for continuing illegal spacing after once again issuing a fine to him.
Stephen.
At the end of the day a plate only has any value because it means something to someone for example a plate that said
Benf12 or similar would be worth something to you but nothing to me so you would be happy to pay a larger amount of money to buy it over what I would

Synclare

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
They are generally regarded as sound financial investments. I won't give the number but 2** is now worth many, many times the original price the chap I know paid at dvla auction.

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Definitely Adrian usually only increase in value. I have had my plate revauled and although not worth a fortune its valued at over twice what I payed for it.:)
Stephen.

spurs fan in a coupe

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
3rd Party Trader
An old lady near me has a Toyota Corolla or similar with H1

love it!

Just put it through the government’s MOT checker - now on an SL

Robert Wiles

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 3.0

F1 used to be the property of Southend Council and it was always on the Mayor's car, latterly a long wheelbase Rover 75. They sold it for around £50k before the values of personal plates went crazy. Caused quite a stir in the local paper when not that long ago it was sold for several hundred thousand.

Back in the mid 70s my mate had a sucession of mark 1 Cortinas all bought for very little money. One had the reg 1558 D and another 832 JG. Both eventually went to the scrapper. If only.......

petecossie

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3 M Coupe
I got my PDC *** registration for my 40th birthday - 32 years ago - my wife paid around £475 for it, never had it valued but I think similar ones these days are going for £3k plus depending on the numbers.
There used be a Triumph dealership in Hartlepool near where I lived which had the reg numbers PT 1 & PT 2 on their cars, wonder what they are worth now!

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
I was told years ago "jon1" is the most valuable plate money can buy.

JWilliamsZ3

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2i Sport
The bloke in Bradford, Afzal Khan owns F1, always bragging about it in every interview he gives..