Welcome to ZRoadster.org - BMW Z1 Z4 Z8 Z3 Forum and Technical Database

If you want to join in with the discussion, and see the areas which are available only to members then sign up now!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battle High Street

Discussion in 'Spotted? Give 'em a wave!' started by Ragtop, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Ragtop

Ragtop Zorg Guru (III)

Model of Z:
    Big waves from both driver and passenger from an Atlanta Blue Z3 in Battle High Street. :coolsteer)

We both had our roofs off on a lovely warm sunny day. On my way to meet Zedona for lunch, even bigger smile on my face after such enthusiastic waves. :coolsteer)

2. GazHyde

GazHyde The Gaz Monkey
    Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator British Zeds

Model of Z:
    BMW Z4 3.0Si Sport
    Certainly was a lovely day out today Ron, no need for the heater either on my little trip out!

It's always nice when you get a response from other Zeds :D It doesn't seem to happen at all with the other Z4's I've passed...

3. zedwheels

zedwheels Zorg Guru (IV)
    Supporter British Zeds

Thats right that gaz, I often see some 4s about but no waves or light flash, nothing!!
    wasnt like that with my last z3, are they nicer happier people! ;) maybe come
    sunny time top down things will change. :coolsteer)

4. gookah

gookah Zorg Guru (IV)
    British Zeds

Model of Z:
    2.8 Z3
    Z4 drivers don't wave to each other, I have given up now and only wave to Z3's.
    The average Z4 drivers are too full of themselves, so waving is beneath them...... %-(

5. GazHyde

GazHyde The Gaz Monkey
    Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator British Zeds

Model of Z:
    BMW Z4 3.0Si Sport
    That's an interesting point Gookah. My experience of Z4 only forums (mentioning no site names), is that they aren't hardcore like the Z3 lot. Far too many looking at the outside temperature guage before hitting the roof button.

We have threads on 'how extremely bad does the weather have to be before you put the roof up'. I've seen some which the general consensus is it's acceptable as long as its +4 degrees. Each to their own I guess, but it defeats the object of a convertible to me!

6. Ragtop

Ragtop Zorg Guru (III)

Model of Z:
    As you say Gary it is always nice to get a response from other Zeds, usually I am the one to wave first after a flash of the headlights. On this occasion they waved first, big waves above the windscreen. :-h :D

On your point of non waving Z4's do you flash your headlights before waving.