GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Hi all,

Going to try and push the boundaries this month and run an additional Zed Fest competition!

The Zed Fest can be anything relating to the weekend, or whatever it was that made the weekend for you. Doesn't have to be Zed related, but you may get more votes if it is!

So please send your entries in, but please make it clear if its

August Picture of the Month
or
Zed Fest Picture Competition

Depending on whether we get enough for both competitions, we may defer one competition on to the following month!

RULES & SUBMISSIONS
Email entries to gazhyde@yahoo.com, or post it in this thread if you find that easier!

> Picture must be your own!

> Picture must be Zed or Zorg related. Whatever you think makes a great photo. It doesn't have to be a work of art, just something which encapsulates Zed ownership!

> Photo does not need to have been taken during the month, but should be appropriate to the season/location. For example, no snow covered Zeds in June unless you live in the arctic.

> "Photoshopped" entries are acceptable, but must be clearly stated that it has been edited with some basic details. Resizing, cropping, filters, resampling, recolouring etc.

> If you wish to provide some extra information - such as camera type, composition, exposure, please feel free to do so. This is a photographic competition after all.

> Only 1 entry to be submitted per person, per month.

> Entry to be emailed to me as an attachment to gazhyde (AT) yahoo.com (dont worry about large file sizes, I have plenty of free space!)

> Entries to be received by 20th of Month. Voting thread will be created as soon as possible after that date.

> Voting will close automatically at the end of the competition!

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
There will be a prize for the winner of the Zed Fest picture competition :camera

I'm hopeful will be able to sort out a regular prize for the monthly competition soon too ;)

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
edit...this pic has not been altered in any way...this is how i saw it :))

z3cade

Zorg Guru (III)
East Anglian Crew
two can play at that game swamps... :ymdevil:

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
bugger.. :))

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si Individual Ruby Black Last one produced in this colour combo
This is mine taken Friday 10/8/12 in the Pyrenees

Attachments

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
another one

The problem with having it straight on the bonnet was that the logo on the torch wasn't showing so I put it that way in the end :) got a few more I need to edit but here's another one.

Attachments

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
I have a steady hand so wasn't an issue :)

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
A 5 days to go bump...

Will need a few more Zed Fest related ones to make it worthwhile running the second competition. Otherwise I will defer it for a month...

bessieblue

Zorg Guru (II)
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
swamper said:
edit...this pic has not been altered in any way...this is how i saw it :))
I would love to know how you make part of the picture b/w and the rest in colour. Can you advise please.

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
In photoshop you can use the magic lasso device to mark out the outlign of the car or object and then inverse the selection to effectively select the area you want to apply a filter to then you can do what you want with it like de-focus it to change the depth of field or in this case apply a B&W filter.

I would try the B&W trick with mine but it wouldn't look any different :))