Write Up Ashover show

Paul Rice

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z4 2.5
Brilliant day and probably the hottest of the year. Thankfully double booked on the Gazebo front, thanks Alex for borrowing a good size Gazebo with plenty of room for us all. After meeting Ken,Sharon,Keith.Denise, Dom and Alex at Chesterfield McD. Bit of a mishap with the time meant new member John arrived later at the venue.
Dom's advice bang on getting there early, we ended up with what was probably the best location some shade from trees and room for the Gazebo. Some great cars with my favorite on the day, not a BMW but a Alfa Romeo. not a trace of rust anywhere and a great job on the interior.
P1050866.JPG

Nice line up of Zeds
P1050858.JPG

The first Bond car
P1050859.JPG

First LHD car i drove when they were new, always makes me feel old when cars i sold are now classic's
P1050860.JPG

Nice line of campers, only took them 4 hours to do the 7 miles from Chesterfield at least they could make a brew on the move

P1050861.JPG

Classy Austin Healey in great condition
P1050862.JPG

Steve and Viv with their rather special Scnitzer 328 and E30 welcome guests to our group.
P1050863.JPG

As always with days like these lots of quality cars and dedicated owners. A fantastic turnout all round and very well run. Thanks Dom for arranging.

AleNod

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 E89 20i sdrive roadster
That was an excellent car show - thanks Dom - it's going to be one of the first dates I'll be plugging in to next years calendar that's for sure. But Flip it was warm !

That was one of the nicest collections of cars I've seen at a show. I should have taken pictures but agree with Paul, the Alfa and Healy were tip top.

I'd only taken one picture for a friend of one of the Spitfire's (his is orange); MUST. DO. BETTER. Next year . . .

Thanks all !
PXL_20210718_092446920.jpg
PXL_20210718_092422587.MP.jpg

Keet

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i M Sport
Cracking day out, can only repeat what Paul and Alex have said. Definitely one to visit again in the future.

spayne1969

British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 M-Roadster
Some lovely examples. Austin Healey looked in lovely condition, as did the bond car. What was it though, a Sunbeam Alpine? Couldn’t quite tell. As for the Zs, nice, but only 1 Z3 by the look of it! I suppose I am a bit biased being a Z3 owner though!

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Yes, Sunbeam Alpine, the first type of roadster I ever rode in.

Tony.

spayne1969

British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 M-Roadster
One of my all time favourites too. Our next door neighbours had one and I used to love going in it as a teenager.

Paul Rice

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z4 2.5
Some lovely examples. Austin Healey looked in lovely condition, as did the bond car. What was it though, a Sunbeam Alpine? Couldn’t quite tell. As for the Zs, nice, but only 1 Z3 by the look of it! I suppose I am a bit biased being a Z3 owner though!
There was a couple of Z3's separately on the show field, we would normally see more Z3's with us. Look out for Zedfest will be plenty there.

AleNod

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Nearly forgot, I did chat to The Great British Car Journey people.

The Driving Experience is weekends and Bank Holidays only - they are on an Estate with HGV's about, so can't do office hours.

Cafe and cars always open though.

Mentioned about thinking of a club run out to them. Seemed really amenable, suggested a 1.5 hour time slot at the beginning or end of the day when the public aren't allowed in. I think he said 08h30 or 16h30 but I've probably got that bit wrong. So it could be at the beginning or end of a Zed run out ?

Something to think about - anybody been yet ?
PXL_20210718_092905514.jpg
PXL_20210718_092908362.jpg

AleNod

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Just btw, that Austin 7 is a 1939 Opal and NOT the Driving Experience car (which is a 38/39 Ruby). But there is a tenuous connection as the first BMW was an Austin 7 made under licence.

Z Victor 1

Formerly "Ontiken1"
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Zedless!
The Great British Car Journey is near me. £15 per head ! A lot more to see at the Ashover day for £ 5 per car.

Z Victor 1

Formerly "Ontiken1"
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Zedless!
My mistake , it was £8 , but most of the classic shows only charge £5 per car plus two occupants for display vehicles. :D