Alternative Roof Proofer / Protector

g8jka

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 - 2000 2.8 Roadster
After using Autoglym's convertible roof kit last year I was never happy with the results achieved. The cleaner is OK but I found the protector to be rubbish as it didn't seem to last long or even bead.

Ages ago I brought some of the autoglym lifeshine range but never got round to using it and having found it in the garage I noticed I had two bottles of Fabric and Upholstery protectant. Reading what this does it is normally used for interior mats, carpets and seats and forms a barrier to protect against any spills so I thought it can't do much harm trying it on the roof.

Anyway here are the results after a quick go with the pressure washer

Quick video

Picture not long after

It was applied about 5 or 6 weeks ago now and I am pretty impressed with the results, it gives great protection when cleaning and also when it rains. It is part of the lifeshine kit, with the letter B on the bottle listed as upholstery and carpet protector or I believe a number 1 on the newer style bottle listed as interior protectant. There is some listed here at the moment on ebay, not a bad price either compared to what others cost.

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
That's quite impressive. ^:)^

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
That's really good. Be interesting to see what it's like after sitting in a few hours of rain

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
looks like its the way forward ;)

g8jka

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 - 2000 2.8 Roadster
board said:
That's really good. Be interesting to see what it's like after sitting in a few hours of rain
It beads very well in the rain and sits on the hood so when you drive off it runs off very quickly. I have found its a lot easier to dry as well after washing the car, just dab it with a microfibre whereas before when the water got into the hood and didn't bead on top it took ages to dry out.

MAURICE THE MARTIAN

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Model of Z
Z4 3.0SE AUTO
Your a brave man taking a pressure washer to the hood,if I,d have done that would probably holed the roof :(
Verry impressive :-bd
Moz :ymalien: