Alloys upgrade - finally here we are 108

ppavuk

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4
DSC_1661.JPG DSC_1656.JPG

First I'll wax them properly, then brakes cleaning and EBC Red Stuff install (they claim 90% less brake dust, will see is it true).

And only then - will install.

Attachments

Last edited:

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)

ppavuk

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4
Don't forget to line the badges up with the tyre valves when you put them in :thumbsup:
I will indeed! Actually, BMW make a spinning badges, which stay upwards at any speed. On my purchase list already, but damn expensive.

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
I will indeed! Actually, BMW make a spinning badges, which stay upwards at any speed. On my purchase list already, but damn expensive.
:wideyed::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:=))

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
was searching for them for ages. they are on ebay times to times, but 80% refurbished are painted as whole piece, while I wanted original diamond cut.
I asked to have my 108s diamond cut when I split them but one of the barrels was just slightly out meaning it could not be done. I didn't want to wait, find another, strip it etc. so I went for the brightest siler they could use. I was happy with the finished job.

20200505_183419 (2).jpg

Tony.

ppavuk

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4
I asked to have my 108s diamond cut when I split them but one of the barrels was just slightly out meaning it could not be done. I didn't want to wait, find another, strip it etc. so I went for the brightest siler they could use. I was happy with the finished job.

View attachment 148839

Tony.
Yeah, they need to be structurally sound for diamond cut. I was lucky, I bought a set on FB for £230, they were terrible, recoated without disassembling, later painted with spray can. But, they were perfectly good in terms of geometry, all 4 went to CNC with zero issues. I think I was very lucky with the first shot. I was agreed with refurbishes that they strip them bare and then put to lathe to measure, and if something bad found - I was prepared to to put whole thing on hold and get another set, to mix and match. But i was lucky!

ppavuk

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4

View attachment 148839

Tony.
Yours looks great, btw! And they are most original!

DSC_1663.JPG

that's the official photo from bmw z4 press-pack, I've managed to get original press package they used to send to countries BMW headquarters. My copy is from Ukraine, weirdly half of the thing is on Ukrainian language, which I happen to know as well. So I have a full press-pack, original pre-digital era photos as well, but they are to shiny for taking pictures. One day I'll scan them all...

ppavuk

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4
btw, interested in your bolts setup. seems like studs and nuts? Shall I get these? I am running 20mm spacers at rear and 10mm front, with just extended bolts. Are these any better?

gookah

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Z3
I prefer the studs. Easier to place the wheels on and off too. I am using 20mm spacers with them also, They are available in lots of different lengths to suit different spacer setups. and the nuts can be bought in different colours, though they are aluminium.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I'm used to seeing the Z4 on those 19s Pete and I do like them. Has Mrs.G had a say on this?;)

Tony.

gookah

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Z3
I'm used to seeing the Z4 on those 19s Pete and I do like them. Has Mrs.G had a say on this?;)

Tony.
of course she has,
I think she also prefers the 19's..... hence why the 108's are now on my car.
She has my Schnitzers on at the moment, as the 19s need 2 rear tyres.

anything for a quiet wife.....:whistle: