Airbag light.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
My airbag light has been acting weird for a couple of weeks now a I finally got it sorted today.
I rang Gordon Tasker from Lincoln yesterday to ask if he would be kind enough to come and take a look at it for me. Luckily for me he was working at Kettlethorpe a mile away this afternoon and he rang to see if i was home. Anyway he traced the problem to the wiring connector on the "A" pillar. Separated the plug and socket and gave a spray of contact cleaner.
20200311_162224.jpg

Just an 8mm screw to remove to access the plug.
20200311_163620.jpg

Hey Presto light now doing what it should so I'll give the car a wash and Hoover out and see if they've any free MOT slots.

Tony.

ps. Anyone needing a good Auto Electrician Gordon is a top bloke who I've known for 12 years or so.

ktnez99

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8L
That’s excellent Tony. Who would have thought that would have been the problem?

Last edited:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
That’s excellent Tony. Who’s have thought that would have been the problem?
After checking the obvious stuff it's best left to someone who knows what he's doing in my opinion Dawn. At work if we couldn't trace a fault after 1 hour, we called Gordon and got on with other jobs. I bought a Foxwell scanner and located the area of the fault and I suppose knowing where to look I would try that another time, but Hey Ho we can't all know everything about every thing and after all it's what makes the world go round eh?

Tony.

I have this issue!! the airbag light is on, but i have heard its a common fault... we have cleared the fault codes but its still on... im in staffordshire... anyone know someone that can help me?

ktnez99

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8L
I have this issue!! the airbag light is on, but i have heard its a common fault... we have cleared the fault codes but its still on... im in staffordshire... anyone know someone that can help me?
I know a man that might be able to help you if you ask nicely and is based close by - @Mint would you be able to help, please?

that would be amazing if they could help!! I bought it with it on as never noticed it with a stick over the light on the dash :( please help if you can!! :)

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
I know a man that might be able to help you if you ask nicely and is based close by - @Mint would you be able to help, please?
Staffordshire is a huge county Dawn, we'll see.

that would be amazing if they could help!! I bought it with it on as never noticed it with a stick over the light on the dash :( please help if you can!! :)
I can certainly clear air bag lights but it sounds like you have done that but I do not have any experience of working on Z4s. I'm a definite Z3 man.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
It could be the same issue I had with mine Dave.

Tony.

ktnez99

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8L
Staffordshire is a huge county Dawn, we'll see.

I know =))

I can certainly clear air bag lights but it sounds like you have done that but I do not have any experience of working on Z4s. I'm a definite Z3 man.
I’m certain someone here will be able to help. Any idea who Dave?

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
If these were normal times I would gladly have a look but as we all know ................. :(

Tony.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
These are the faults mine showed.

From phone 1739.jpg
From phone 1740.jpg
From phone 1741.jpg