Agreed Value Insurance

Big Slippy

Model of Z
Z3M roadster
Hi,

I'm with Adrian Flux and have the choice (for £15) to supply 7 photos for agreed value status on policy. Failing that, they will assume market value.
Not having much experience of this (always company cars) what is best (no Harry Hill jokes)? Am I better leaving it as market value with a Z3M hopefully appreciating in value, or guaranteed 8k agreed value.
And, is agreed value guaranteed if payout time comes, or is there still an argument to be had.?

Any feedback appreciated.

thanks

BS

Boysie

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster S50
I believe thats the way to go these days
I am thinking about doing that at some stage
Haggling over a settlement is not the route i want to go

i to understand you can do it via BMWCC

r37

Dedicated Member
a chap i know has guaranteed payouts on some classic bikes he owns. An amount is agreed between you and the insurers and then if the car is written off they pay that amount out with no questions. If you insure for an 8k payout and m's suddenly jump to 20k value you will only get the 8k because that is what you agreed upon. If your car is modified you can sometimes use them as a way to increase the payout figure. It depends what you think will happen to the value of your car and wether the company will give you a decent payout price as to wether go go for it or not.