Aggressiveness towards your Zed :o(

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
Hi all,

Just wandered if any of you suffer this from other drivers as a regular occurence compared to other cars owned in the past? have definitely noticed it in the past few weeks compared to the 1 Series which was the regular daily driver. In the past few weeks I have been nearly run off the road by white van man, the guy trying to push me out my lane nearly collecting the door mirror, when I didn't concede to let him push in, well he was mouthing at me for no apparent reason, the guy braked undertook me and then pushed infront of me in a line of traffic, clearly mouthing me to be a fook :( On Monday a couple in an Astra, the young lady in the passenger seat, if indeed she was a lady gave me a w***er sign [-( and finally today I seem to have a magnet attached too the rear bumper with a bald guy in a Golf trying to drive over the top of the Zed shaking his head :ymsigh:

It doesn't really bother me that much, what bothers me is one day someone will collect the Zed with dangerous driving ~x(

Tim.

SeaSurfer

Zorg Guru (I)
Model of Z
2.2 Sport Z3 Auto
Are you driving on the correct side of the road?

sorry Tim, couldnt resist :-* :-*

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
SeaSurfer said:
Are you driving on the correct side of the road?

sorry Tim, couldnt resist :-* :-*

=)) =))

Will try the other side tomorrow, see if that makes any difference :coolsteer)

Tim.

Titan

British Zeds
Model of Z
sDrive35i
TitanTim said:
It doesn't really bother me that much, what bothers me is one day someone will collect the Zed with dangerous driving ~x(
Perhaps your YouTube video has gone viral :-j
Best leave the Zed tucked up safe in the garage Tim :ymdevil:
That way you won't get it damaged or be subject to such jealous behaviour ;;)

But what are you going to do when the new one arrives ...... ? :eek:3

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
Wait till you get your new toy...... you better order a big roll of bubble wrap in advance coz they'll be after you for sure in that. :coolsteer). I hope you drive it better than the guy I saw driving his new '12' plate Fiesta, in the space of 200 yds going round some bends he kerbed it twice !!

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
:-s :-s hmmmmmm maybe your all right, I'm thinking now I should have got a Prius instead and put Basil back under his bed sheet out of harms way :-o

Tim.

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
TitanTim said:
Hi all,

Tim.
"Walk Softly, Carry a big Stick". Theodore Roosevelt

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
TitanTim said:
:-s :-s hmmmmmm maybe your all right, I'm thinking now I should have got a Prius instead and put Basil back under his bed sheet out of harms way :-o

Tim.
I know somewhere where Basil would be looked after and cared for and the drivers around there are much nicer :D

Oh..... and he'd get out more :coolsteer)

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
Move to Cambridgeshire, Traffic always at a standstill. Even better Move to Norfolk, nice twisty roads, nice beaches, after 20 years you'll be regarded as a local.

Warrior

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
3.0i sports automatic
Terry who I bought my car off of told me that the 3.0i badge on the back would encourage tailgating boy racers but that a quick stab on the gas would leave them standing. He was right ;)

Best bit of road rage I had was when I had a guy latch onto the back of my wifes car as if he was being towed. It was a 30mph area and I was doing that, plus a couple so slowed down to about 25mph for 100 yards and turned left onto an estate road. He went past 50 yds, reversed and was just getting out of his car. Not being a violent person, but also not one to walk away, I got out as well. Me 6'2 and 17 stone, him 5'6" doing about 10st. I'm sure he thought he was going to tap on the window and let off a bit of steam. All I can say is i've seen slower greyhounds :D

r37

Dedicated Member
only road rage i get is off my dad, usually when he's holding onto the passenger seat for dear life moning that all BMW drivers are mad men and will eventually kill everyone who isnt. I got more of it in my old rover 45, the local chavs in their corsas thinking i was old and easily taunted. Admittedly slowing down from 30 to 10mph with 4 of them behind me on a narrow lane would make me angry but then i dont tailgate, swear and flash my lights at people doing 30 in a 30 zone. The 4 car overtake when the all got past me was a triumph and shall be remembered fondly.

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
I notice the general things when driving a BM, not being let out at junctions etc and then having to be a bit proactive to get out ;)

My pet hates are the rear high density lights (they do wind me up a lot) and people who find the need to turn them on when you are clearly behind them and can see the car in front. I don't understand why they feel the need to blind you and make it harder to see their brake lights when a little bit of mist drops. It would be ok if they turned them off when you get up behind them and they should make them so they turn off if you go above 30.

In the Z heading down the M11, many years ago, night time, roof down (of course), a bunch of boy racers were also on the road. Had one go past and then another sitting wanting to get in the boot, I was doing about 65 minding my own, so backed off a little more hoping they would head off on their way. Then a third one cam along side and started to box me in. Didn't fancy any of that so dropped to third, tapped the throttle, slid into the outside lane to get back into regular traffic. I looked in my mirror and one trying to follow had put blue flashing lights on. They weren't right but i did think to myself, if you are police then you can get a marked car to stop me. I got up with a group of cars in front and managed to get quite a few between me and them so managed to avoid them for the rest of the journey.

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
These tales are all too common unfortunately, you just don't know who you're dealing with though do you.

I don't like to say it but I think the badge brings the worst out in people... I'll never forget the time I was sat at the lights waiting to turn right (on red) and a white van pulled up at the side of me and the driver leaned out and spat on Zippy's bonnet, then he and his mate had a good laugh..... probably had a good laugh about it later with their mates. It proper bothered me that for a while... :(

Boysie

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster S50
They are all jealous
Give them all a big smile
or even a pleasant wave back
or if your roofs off, shout have a nice day with a smile of course
:D :D :D :D

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
I think jealousy is one of the factors for sure. That said, I never really pay any attention to the attitudes of other drivers... usually can't see them past my big smile!

It's odd, because if I see another nice car the first thing I think 'nice car', not 'to**er'.

Don't remember getting bullied either in the Z3 or the Z4, but certainly feel less vulnerable in the Z4 due to it's size.

z3cade

Zorg Guru (III)
East Anglian Crew
I can't say I've had any aggressiveness when driving the zed.. I tend to get people staring with the 'what is it' or 'nice car' look..
I dont tend to get bothered by boy racers either, but that's probably because I don't hang around.. :ymdevil:

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
Zeds definitely give you far more smiles and there are many many more pleasant interactions and positive comments to outweigh the odd numpty interaction, which is inevitable.

But Tim…… I’ve just worked out where you’re going wrong……….. You’re doing too much of this as you are driving along (as Gill suggested) :D

TitanTim said:
Just wandered ……Tim.

Tricky

Model of Z
Z1, Z4C
TitanTim said:
today I seem to have a magnet attached too the rear bumper with a bald guy in a Golf trying to drive over the top of the Zed shaking his head :ymsigh:

Tim.
This is what Clarkson refers to as the 'Audi following distance'. Unfortunately, I'd say it's pretty normal Tim. You're probably going to get more of the same when you get your shiny new Z4, especially driving on busy roads. As others have said, it's just jealousy. Keep smiling, and when you get the chance, drive your zed(s) on some quiet roads in the countryside - that's what they are built for :D

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
Gill and SS you are both terrible too me :(( 8-x but I know your both O:) really :^o

Tricky, all was well today, I think I notice these things more in commuter traffic when everyone seems fraught, best times for me in the Zed is an early Sunday Morning run on deserted roads :coolsteer)

Tim.