accelerator sticking

stevie_a

Zorg Guru (IV)
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3
As title said my accelerator is sticking, it is just at the start of travel

I also have the same problem with my E46

I have used spray grease ( lots of it ) on the joint on the floor, top of peddle and at the top on the bulkhead with the spring on it.

it still sticks

is there somewhere that is prone to sticking that i have not greased ?

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Stevie,

This can be a fairly common problem. Have you tried forcing lubricant down the throttle cable sleeve from the engine side? I guess silicone spray would probably be the best, but some say WD40 (and yes I know WD40 isn't a lubricant!)

Gary

si-forks

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Hi i had this on my M44 1.9 and all it was is a build up of muck in the carb remove the pipe from the air box to the carb and give it a good clean i think i may of took the carb off any way 20 min job and it was fine no sticking, sorry i'am not more technical but i think you should know what i mean

Si-forks on tapatalk

stevie_a

Zorg Guru (IV)
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3
Not yet, my wife has just took the Z3 out so will have to try and see if i can fix her E46 by putting some down the cable... :(

I have been using this , it is not to bad.

Martint

British Zeds
Model of Z
Does anyone know how to get the cable attached at the engine end . Seems impossible

Martint

British Zeds
Model of Z
I can't seem to get my new cable attached at the engine end

bertiejaffa

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3M
Does anyone know how to get the cable attached at the engine end . Seems impossible
If its the same as my 2.0l you would be best off using a mirror - the ball of the throttle hooks right under and back on itself - very easy to do - 10 seconds after using a mirror - little dentist mirror from halfords or screwfix with a magnetic end to collect dropped bolts - comes in very handy too

EDIT - @Martint... I recognise your thread now and yours is the 2.0l - hate to say I already told you so but.. https://zroadster.org/threads/hi-ju...cing-how-difficult-a-job-i.11634/#post-184941