ABS/ASC

littlefeller

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
since having my rear tyres changes after the allen key incident I now have both the asc and abs lights on:mad: it would occasionally come on before but would go out again after i switch the ignition off it was not that often, now Halfords have had there mits on it there on permanently:mad:

Antm72

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Not good !! I would say you need a code read to determine the cause im sure i have read that some can be very sensitive even to tyre rolling radius !! A code read will point you on he right direction :thumbsup:

littlefeller

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
I did read it a couple of months ago, it says intermittent fault - loom. im thinking a plug is loose somewhere, is there a plug/socket for each wheel sensor, as it is now worse after the wheels were removed im wondering if it has dislodged a plug somewhere that was already loose.

Antm72

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Yes on the rear they clip on to swing arms they are grey in colour in the front they are behind little plastic enclosures bolted to the inner wings they just pull apart.
The sensors can be checked with a multimeter there are threads somewhere can not remember the how to but did read it possible.

littlefeller

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
ok - two errors found with inpa, error 1 - this error has come up before and isn't responsible for the lights staying on = pump valve loom error, error frequency =1
error 2 and I think the one responsible for my lights staying on - electromagnetic interference wheel speed sensor, error frequency 38. think they may need a clean:( why couldn't it be a loose connection, now I'm going to have to get my hands dirty:( and there still no guarantee this will work (it doesn't say which wheel either, prob be the last one I clean too)

after I have done this it had better not be a loose plug at the pump=)) maybe look there first but it wont get rid of the second error.

Antm72

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
The second error was the one i had replaced the sensor but it was the module .
Was a very intermittantly lit light i could get it out but kept relighting

littlefeller

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
well a bit of an update.
after clearing the errors it seems i was wrong ( yes it does sometimes happen and im now having an alcoholic beverage to recover from this shock), the pump valve loom (or was it harness) error is now the only present error, the lights did not go out after wiping the error memory so i quickly plugged inpa back in to see which one was left, i cleared it again but as soon as i start the car its back (same code).
hopfully then it could still be a loose connection yay:)

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Sorry to say,but I think you'll be looking at the module.;)

Tony.

littlefeller

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
:( who needs abs and asc anyway=)) not like its an m//
only problem is i will need it for the mot

Antm72

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
It is just the solder joints if you undo the module off the pump you can see the feed out of the module to the pump.
The common fault is the two solder joints at the module end break and need resoldering.
The module is sealed but you if your brave enough you can have a go at fixing it :thumbsup:

littlefeller

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
i will have a look, found one on ebay for £10 so not the 1000 i thought, after some googling it does appear to be a common problem and yes the solder joints do crack on the module, this makes sense as it was intermittent and before inpa error was an intermittent fault. prehaps if i give it a tap/wiggle to see it it makes any difference first, i would rather fix the module than get dirty trying to find a fault.

Antm72

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
I have one in the garage will take a pic and it is a bit more obvious why it cracks :thumbsup:

Antm72

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Not all modules are repairable but if yours looks like this it should be..
20160522_195221.jpg

20160522_195214.jpg

The module unbolts with 4 torx bolts you can run the car with the module off you just get the light removed the pump looks like this...
20160522_195239.jpg
And the module...
20160522_195249.jpg

The long protruding bit is the pump feed i presume that the other end is just two solder joints.
If you replace it it must have both numbers matching and the light will go out but i still think it needs coding to function properly.

littlefeller

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
thanks thats great, the most common issue is the solder joints for the feed, apparently they crack.

littlefeller

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
it came on once going over a speed bump, maybe coming off the ramps after tyre change has finally finnished it off.

Antm72

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Mine just became more on than off in the end bbs reman fix and ecu testing but its approx £200 which is expensive if all the do is solder 2 joints :wideyed:

littlefeller

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
repair is cheaper than replace, just tried the abs test with inpa, it doesnt even do a self test, the problem with abs and asc is its something you dont use till you need it then its too late.