Welcome to ZRoadster.org - BMW Z1 Z4 Z8 Z3 Forum and Technical Database

If you want to join in with the discussion, and see the areas which are available only to members then sign up now!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a Realisation.....

Discussion in 'General Banter' started by Monkey, May 8, 2012.

1. Monkey

Monkey Regular Member

I havent been around much, been busy moving, etc blah blah blah. but during that time i have driven the Z3 every day, its my daily car, after driving a Ford Focus 1.6 every day for nearly 5 years. i have kept the Focus the Missus drives it now.

i live one side of the New Forest, and i work the other, and my commute takes me through the forest, and one thing i have found in the short time i have been in a Z3, is how relaxed i am when i get home now. i drove the same route for a year before getting the Z3, and having a "fun" car, driving on even boring roads, with the roof down, taking in the scenery, giving it a blast etc, really really makes you forget work. looking at other people who are in the box on wheels, getting stressed as the guy in front wont move quick enough, who cares - it means i have more time in the car enjoying my surroundings.

i have re-found my joy of motoring again. being sat in a car that has one purpose only, and that is to be driven, it may not be the best car in the world, and mines not the fastest, but knowing that my car cant be used to do the weekly shop, it cant take the kids to school, its not for carrying anything apart from 2 passengers and enough luggage for a weekend. a week if you stay in bed.

EVERYONE should have a car that is for nothing other than driving, just to drive home in, the world would be a better place.

2. Titan

Titan Moderator
    British Zeds

Model of Z:
    sDrive35i
    Great post Monkey
    You really made me laugh
    Unfortunately we managed 2 weeks in France and I can assure you there wasn't much bed :(

Z3nt from m'iPhone on Tapatalk

3. hard top

hard top Zorg Expert (I)
    Dutch Zeds The M44 Massive

I know the New Forest well, OK, there is a speed limit but that makes the driving more pleasurable in my opinion.
    You don't want a horse on your bonnet!!!

I find driving the Z takes your mind off it...... ;)

4. EnthuZiaZT

EnthuZiaZT Zorg Guru (V)
    British Zeds East Anglian Crew

Model of Z:
    Z4 28i Msport
    There are two things in life worth hanging on to, driving a sports car and bed!!! :-bd

If you are really lucky, you get to share both with someone special!!! :ymhug:

5. badman gee

badman gee Guest

id love to share my bed with the m as well :-o

6. stevie_a

stevie_a Zorg Guru (IV)
    Scottish Zeds

Model of Z:
    Z3
    Nice story monkey

I realised this many years ago after buying my TR7 for the weekend

This is the reason i still have the TR7 for the weekends and the Z3 for going to work

If we need more seats/ luggage space we use the Wife's E46

7. Titan

Titan Moderator
    British Zeds

Model of Z:
    sDrive35i
    Was it really "something for the weekend, Sir" ? :ymdevil:

We bought ours in February for "the summer" to see how we managed.
    Seven years later and we're still "seeing" :D

8. Snoops

Snoops Zorg Addict

Model of Z:
    Well said Monkey.

I longed for a Z3 from the moment I saw one and it was a while before I realised my dream to own one. I have never looked back.... many years later :D

No matter what the work day has thrown at me, if I'm in my Zed by the time I get home it will be all forgotten, in fact as soon as I get in and drop the hood it's all forgotten :D

We've just returned from a week in the sun and the only thing I miss when we're in the sunshine is wishing we had Zippy with us.... I feel another Europe trip is long overdue ..... and there's tons of room in a zed for 3 weeks I only need 1 pair of driving shoes and some good sun protection :coolsteer)

9. zedzen

zedzen Dedicated Member

Model of Z:
    I've currently lost the one and only key to mine but I went to the garage last night just to admire its svelte curves under the black indoor car cover and it is a beautiful car indeed...i'll even get to drive it one day when the rain stops - and i find the key :)

10. swamper

swamper Zorg Guru (V)
    Supporter M Power

Model of Z:
    z3m
    Amen to that....last year...heading towards the Pyrenees.. :coolsteer)

[​IMG]