A lot of muck

Dino D

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Manual
Re the rusted out jacking point- I've noticed something when testing for leaks on my hood. Water can get in between the rubber gasket/body at the base of the hood (it just pulls up and way from the body).
When I poured water around there some goes into the drain boxes just inside of the car but plenty was pouring out of the jacking pad - this got me thinking that's it's not just muck going up but the water coming in from the top of the wings/base of hood and then wetting the jack pad area constantly.
Not sure if it's meant toe work like that by design.

Stewartyboy

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Re the rusted out jacking point- I've noticed something when testing for leaks on my hood. Water can get in between the rubber gasket/body at the base of the hood (it just pulls up and way from the body).
When I poured water around there some goes into the drain boxes just inside of the car but plenty was pouring out of the jacking pad - this got me thinking that's it's not just muck going up but the water coming in from the top of the wings/base of hood and then wetting the jack pad area constantly.
Not sure if it's meant toe work like that by design.
I don't think BMW thought very much about sill design at all for our roads, given the uk wet weather and salt in winter combo, when they rolled off the production line in sunny Carolina

D0nni

Zorg Legend
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
I hope so mate thanks for the comment
Hi Stewartyboy.

Got pointed in the direction of this thread.

How did your replacement work out in the end? What route did you go? Mine arent quite as bad as this, but have the big gaping hole beside the jack stand to match anyway.