A couple of scary tyres

AntStark

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2002 3.0 Sport
How do people not realise :rolleyes:...and why would you risk your own life like that ...must have been like driving on ice in the wet

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster

D R Oldfield

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
what about daily vehicle checks for fleet drivers we just had a driver disciplined for missing a worn tyre on his company van

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Can’t beat a nice pair of slicks in this hot weather :whistle:

Unbelievable for a driver to have tyres in that state when all they have to do is take it to a garage. Crazy.

Tony.

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 2.0 20i M Sport sDrive
O my goodness, it only takes seconds to check your tyres 🌞
Thats really bad 😟

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 Individual Dakar / Orinoco Individual
Some of the stuff I see ( thankfully only time to time ) beggars belief sometimes .
I should start an up to date thread of stuff .
Like this Fiesta front tyre from beginning of the Year.
20210506_103222.jpg

Or Transit van came in on back of transporter saying noisy when driving and ' the wheel seemed to be sticking at low speed .
20210106_143443.jpg

Stephen.

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 Individual Dakar / Orinoco Individual
The Fiesta tyre casing had collapsed and distorted complete failure imminent ( even the bald ones above are in better condition) it was an old tyre the steel in the casings eventually corrode and weaken.
Tyres are under a fair bit of strain even in normal city driving ( pot holes ,manhole cover etc) the steel breaks casing distortion occurs followed by rapid deterioration of the tyre ending with tyre failure .
Moral there is don't run around on old tyres even one that look good for example a new,spare out the boot of and old car with the original tyre .
It may look as good as a brand new tyre but from what I've seen over the years they tend to degrade a lot quicker than the equivalent new built tyre .

Stephen.

colb

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 M43 1.8 (1999) and Z4 E85 2.5 (2003)
When in having my aircon regassed there was a Traffic Officers 4x4 in with a puncture, fitter pulled spare out and it was bald so he couldn't fit that and couldn't repair the punctured one due to other damage on it, nothing in stock so they had to leave it till next day delivery of new tyre. So much for daily checks!

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
When in having my aircon regassed there was a Traffic Officers 4x4 in with a puncture, fitter pulled spare out and it was bald so he couldn't fit that and couldn't repair the punctured one due to other damage on it, nothing in stock so they had to leave it till next day delivery of new tyre. So much for daily checks!
Yeah, should’ve been sorted when the bald tyre was put in the spare.

Tony.

the Nefyn cat

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Actually in Nefyn. My, that took a while.
Model of Z
2.2i Sport
Yeah, should’ve been sorted when the bald tyre was put in the spare.
Many was the time back when I was working as a commercial tyre fitter I'd get called out to a car that already had a flat spare. "that one only went flat a couple of days ago" said the lying little liars. People ain't just stupid, they're 'king lazy, too.:rolleyes:

MisterP007

German-Italian-British Mix - What could go wrong?
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Some of the stuff I see ( thankfully only time to time ) beggars belief sometimes .
I should start an up to date thread of stuff .
Like this Fiesta front tyre from beginning of the Year.
View attachment 190861

Or Transit van came in on back of transporter saying noisy when driving and ' the wheel seemed to be sticking at low speed .
View attachment 190865

Stephen.
Thread! Is that supposed to be funny!!!!

MisterP007

German-Italian-British Mix - What could go wrong?
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Some really lazy idiots about. 70-80 square inches of rubber on the tarmac is all that is keeping a 2-ton 4x4 from trying to hump a hedge.

Tyres - the most important part of the entire car an more money is spent on car shampoo!!!!! Still, at least the 2-ton 4x4 will be nice and clean when it introduces itself to the hedge!