A Christmas Gift

ktnez99

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8L
I stumbled across something very useful and I’m sharing this with all of you: a first aid guide from St. John Ambulance. It’s pocket size so you can carry it with you, is available as a first aid app and is very easy to follow. Its contents include: Essential First Aid (multiple scenarios) through to if someone has stopped breathing.

I hope none of us every have cause to use this guide yet if we find we do, we’ll know what to do.

It’s FREE as a hard copy, the size of a business card which folds out to A4 size and back again, which St. John Ambulance posts out to you as well as FREE as an app.
02C8BD2B-22C2-4A6E-B86D-9DCB77571D60.jpeg
B1F6D8BA-4F9F-4542-85FB-174473F45381.jpeg

Last edited:

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 Individual dakar
There is also an app of this on the app store had it downloaded on my last phone.

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL
Could come in very handy. Had a blood pressure check this morning and was startled when the nurse said 200/100

ktnez99

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8L
Could come in very handy. Had a blood pressure check this morning and was startled when the nurse said 200/100
Some people have their blood pressure rise when at anything to do with medicine. I hope your reading today was a one-off.

ktnez99

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8L
There is also an app of this on the app store had it downloaded on my last phone.
That’s excellent to discover @Stevo7682 Perhaps another download to your current phone? And don’t forget the free hard copy is available, too.

Grumps

Well it's still a German!
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Merc E350 Sport Coupe (well it's close enough)
:wideyed: Wow! Jues Nanna had a BP of 240/100 and kept going till a good age but that is up a bit mate. Diet change maybe in order.

Redline

Zorg Expert (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i msport
This basic knowledge is incredibly important. The problem is, that at the moment it’s needed, you don’t have the time to worry about reading a leaflet. You need to know the basic stuff to do. Read it when you get it and every couple of years as a refresher. ABC and then stem any blood loss.
Should be taught in schools and reminders provided by employers where possible.

Only twice been called upon to do serious first aid twice. On the first occasion a doctor was literally one step behind me and on the second an off duty paramedic was in the car behind. I won’t be so lucky next time.

D

DelGue

One benefit of Army service, police training, and working for Shell Oil was getting a lot of 1st aid training. I keep a well stocked 1st aid kit in my car at all times. I hope never to need any of it, but glad to know I might be able to make a difference if necessary.

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL
Back to the Doctor's today for the results of my blood tests and another BP check and medication review. Happy to report all good news, BP 138/78, nothing abnormal with my bloods, cholesterol and sugars normal for me and no change in my standard medication. Saw a different Dr today and he said it's not unusual to get a rogue BP reading and that there's no reason to change anything other than to echo the other Dr's advice to lose a few pounds. So I'm a happy bunny again

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 Individual dakar
Good news :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I could help you loose a few pounds
I could sell you another 10 calendars that would loose you a few £££ :whistle::whistle: ;);)