spurs fan in a coupe

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
3rd Party Trader
Welcome

I’m breaking a pre facelift z3 in Arctic Silver so can help with body panels - based in Woking, Surrey, UK.

The debate over the most enjoyed zed is a big one!

Pond

Zorg Guru (II)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 project and E89 Z4
Hiii, only just joined the forum after chatting pure wham on the uk facebook owners club for the last half a decade.
Really? I like Wham as much as the next child of the '80s but don't think I could talk about them solely for five years! ;)

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 2.0 20i M Sport sDrive

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
If you're just replacing the A/C pipes in the engine bay, it shouldn't be too difficult, just be prepared to remove other things that may get in the way.

Tony.

Pond

Zorg Guru (II)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 project and E89 Z4
You really shouldn't re-use potentially 20 plus year old rubber and aluminium refrigerant hoses. They should be replaced with new items for safety and environmental reasons.

Pond

Zorg Guru (II)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 project and E89 Z4
I have new seals already. If that was true then no aircon system on any car 20 years old is safe by that logic.
I have 38 years experience in the air conditioning industry. I don't need logic, I KNOW!
Just to be pedantic; it is also against UK law to install or interfere with any part of a refrigerant circuit which carries refrigerant unless you have a suitable and current F-Gas qualification.

BTW I have a full set of hoses which will suit (as I am taking my A/C out of my Z3) but they will be scrapped for the reasons explained.

olifen10

I have 38 years experience in the air conditioning industry. I don't need logic, I KNOW!
Just to be pedantic; it is also against UK law to install or interfere with any part of a refrigerant circuit which carries refrigerant unless you have a suitable and current F-Gas qualification.

BTW I have a full set of hoses which will suit (as I am taking my A/C out of my Z3) but they will be scrapped for the reasons explained.
God I bet youre fun at parties.

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Hi and :welcome: to the forum from me too in Stafford.