3M Roadster on collecting cars auction site

petecossie

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3 M Coupe
I regularily watch the cars going through this site, some great and unsual cars come up for auction. Saw this one last week and was interested to see what it goes for.
The cars seem to be well presented with miriads of photos and lots of history.

DavidM

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Looks like a good clean car - with hardtop too!

Hwk-I-St8

Dedicated Member
American Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 Roadster
Tidy car. Not sure I could handle the blue accents on the interior though. Also, why do they put what looks like entry level wheels on that car. The wheels on my 3.0 are much sexier. Put that engine in my Z and I'd be happy as a clam though.

petecossie

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3 M Coupe
Tidy car. Not sure I could handle the blue accents on the interior though. Also, why do they put what looks like entry level wheels on that car. The wheels on my 3.0 are much sexier. Put that engine in my Z and I'd be happy as a clam though.
A lot of the M Coupes and Roadsters had colour accents to the seats and dash rather than the plain black, part of the charm of the Z3 M cars. Also the entry level wheeels (Style 40 - Roadstar) are the unique fitment to the Z3 M cars, the rears in particular have a very deep dish and really suit the car with the bulbous rear wings. When you see them in the flesh like with my car today at a Classic Car Show it is one of the first things that people notice and admire about the car. Even had people today taking close up photos of the rear wheels as they hadn't seen anything like them before.
The M Roadster went for £16k by the way. There is another one up for grabs now, Cosmos Black with Black/Gray interior with 61,500 miles on the clock, currently at £10k with 5 days to go.

Last edited:

BillH

Zorg Addict
Supporter
Looks like a cheap car - someone got a good deal. I'll watch what the black one goes for - could be another happy customer. However, the buyer has to pay a fee of 6% of the purchase price up, to a max of £6k, to the auction site. By my maths, the buyer of the blue one had fees of £960 on top of the £16k. Still good value, I reckon.

Pingu

Zorg Guru (III)
3rd Party Trader
Looks like a cheap car - someone got a good deal. I'll watch what the black one goes for - could be another happy customer. However, the buyer has to pay a fee of 6% of the purchase price up, to a max of £6k, to the auction site. By my maths, the buyer of the blue one had fees of £960 on top of the £16k. Still good value, I reckon.
Sold without any comeback(*) for cash - the best way to do it.

(*) as long as everything in the advert is true to the best of your knowledge.

petecossie

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3 M Coupe
The Cosmos Black Z3 MR went for £16.5k, must have been pretty frantic bidding (16 in total) this afternoon, as this morning there was only 5 bids and it had reached £13k. Nice car for someone, don't know if dealer got it or private buyer.