E36/7 3.0i - E85 Z4///M
This is great news, I am certainly missing F1 on the Beeb

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Contemplating......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/16492337

Rossi tested the Ferrari Formula One car in 2006 on January 31, February 1, and February 2 at Valencia.
The first test saw Rossi spin out on the damp track into the gravel trap, ending his day.
On the second day, he posted the ninth fastest time of fifteen drivers, approximately one second behind Michael Schumacher, who himself was third fastest.
Rossi lapped faster than seasoned drivers Red Bull Racing's Mark Webber and David Coulthard and Toyota F1's Jarno Trulli.
On the final day of testing, Rossi was just a little more than a half second behind Schumacher's best time.
Schumacher hailed Rossi as having immense talent and said he would be perfectly capable of moving to Formula One and being competitive immediately.

http://www.valentinorossi.com/index-en.html

B-)

Looks like he is going to go rallying.....echo's of Räikkönen..... :-?

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Hey Gaz, James, can we get one of them iplayer thingy gizmos on .org?

:-^

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
can you point me to one so i can see what it is?

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Bottom right on Rossi's web site, I have no idea what it is (software)

Big Slippy

Model of Z
Z3M roadster
I'm sure he previously did the RAC rally, but crashed out or DNF for some reason.
A brilliant character with immense all round talent and needs to stay in Moto GP to sort out Casey Moaner and Lorenzo. :ymbringiton:

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
I'm still not sure what this iPlayer gizmo is you're referring to? :D

Is it the music player in the bottom right? I've been looking for something BBC related but can't see anything. The rossi site is all in flash so if you open it, or try to open it, in any apple mobile devices it's not going to work at all so we're steering clear of anything flash based where possible. There are music players out there we could use if that's what you are referring to?

I'm not sure we would want music playing, or even how the rights work, on the home page as it can be very off putting. I just spent 5 minutes after rebooting my machine trying to find the damn page that was playing the music lol (got about 50 tabs open in multiple browsers)

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Don't worry about it James, would not want to have to listen to a Bee Gees box set on the forum. (Gary told me they are your all time favorites)

Today, 23:25 on BBC One (except Scotland because we don't like you, oh yeh, and Wales too )

Matt Roberts presents coverage from the opening round of the 2012 MotoGP season in Qatar.

It is a new era for the sport, as the 800cc bikes have been replaced by more powerful 1,000cc machines.

With extra horse power, will reigning champion Casey Stoner continue to dominate, or will his rivals have closed the gap?

Commentary from Steve Parrish and Charlie Cox.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/17486184

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Jorge Lorenzo beats Dani Pedrosa to Qatar win.

Australian Stoner - who dominated the championship last season - then opened up a near two-second lead and looked likely to win in Qatar for the fifth time in the last six years.

But with five laps remaining Stoner's pace began to drop as he struggled with arm pump - when the huge braking forces required to stop from 210mph cause muscle spasms in a rider's forearm - and Lorenzo and Pedrosa were both able to pass the champion.

results:

1. Jorge Lorenzo (SPA) Yamaha 42:44.124

2. Dani Pedrosa (SPA) Repsol Honda 42:45.066

3. Casey Stoner (AUS) Repsol Honda 42:47.122

4. Cal Crutchlow (GBR) Tech 3 Yamaha 43:01.328

5. Andrea Dovizioso (ITA) Tech 3 Yamaha 43:01.634

6. Nicky Hayden (USA) Ducati 43:12.627

7. Alvaro Bautista (SPA) Gresini Honda 43:12.660

8. Stefan Bradl (GER) LCR Honda 43:13.678

9. Hector Barbera (SPA) Pramac Ducati 43:15.598

10. Valentino Rossi (ITA) Ducati 43:17.879

Titan

British Zeds
Model of Z
sDrive35i
Mike
Were you really posting at 04:29 or is your forum clock set to the wrong time zone?
%-(

Titan

British Zeds
Model of Z
sDrive35i
Only just going out now?
What a lightweight - I've had 2 already :beer

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Few issues with equipment, long night.....and I am doing this so that you can keep running the Z..... :p

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Casey Stoner holds off home favourite Jorge Lorenzo's Yamaha to take his first win at the Jerez circuit.
The reigning world champion made a great start from fifth on the grid to take the lead at the end of the second lap, and held off a determined challenge from the Spaniard despite suffering from 'arm-pump' as he had in the opening race of the season in Qatar.

Britain's Cal Crutchlow finished fourth on his Tech 3 Yamaha behind Stoner's Honda team-mate Dani Pedrosa, with the top four riders battling all the way to the chequered flag.

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Sebastian Loeb Vs Valentino Rossi - Monza Rally Show 2011

Sebastian Loeb Vs Valentino Rossi - Monza Rally Show 2011

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Moto3 250cc (as of this year, used to be 125cc) Race on soon, brilliant stuff.....MotoGP, Portugal.

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Dutch MotoGP at Assen.

I was supposed to be at this, could not make it, working and watching it on the pc now.........just cost me Euro 90.00 for the ticket.......... X(

Lorenzo wiped out by Bautista at turn one!

Big mistake by Alvaro Bautista leaves Jorge Lorenzo down and out at turn one of Dutch MotoGP at Assen.
MotoGP title leader Jorge Lorenzo has been taken out of the Dutch TT at Assen at the very first turn.

The Spaniard had retained his third on the grid into turn one, but eighth place Alvaro Bautista made a highly over-optimistic inside lunge, lost the front of his RC213V and then wiped out Lorenzo ahead of him.

A furious Lorenzo had won the past three races and held a 25 point title lead over Casey Stoner heading into today's race, which he was the favourite to win.
Cal Crutchlow was forced to take avoiding action following the Bautista, Lorenzo clash, dropping him down the order.