• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

For Sale 2002 1.9 topaz blue

Derek

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Joined
Aug 16, 2015
Points
58
Location
Livingston
Updated with pics of rust.
Also price of £1200 as car needs a lot of work.
Open to offers too

Afternoon all, it's with a heavy heart I write this for sale advert, It has come time to part with my first ever z3.
It is in no way in its best condition and does need some work.
I bought it about a year and a half ago from a car dealer in Coatbridge... I wanted a z3 and no one could stop me buying one, so with a pocket full of cash and the desire to own a 2 seated roadster I went and viewed zippy (I name all my cars) took it a test drive and dismissed any imperfections... 30 mins later boom I bought it.

Even when I picked it up and drove it along the m8 heading home with the top down nothing was wiping the smile of my face.

A few month pass and the spending started. Not to upgrade parts but more to replace the old rusted parts. New suspension arms and ball joints, new disks and pads all round, new lower engine mounts, abs sensors.

Then the rust bubbles started and slowly but surely got worse.
A few on the wings and a few on the side skirts. Everyone else says it's fine but my ocd is doing my head in.
By this point I'm falling out of love with the wee z then the exhaust starts blowing... and blowing it has for the past few months.
In all honestly I have covered maybe 500 miles in the past 6 month.

So now it's time to part with it. I doubt it will be worth as much as I paid but hopefully someone is in the market for a wee 2002 1.9 z3 located in west lothian scotland with 86kish miles on the clock. Mot untill October I'm sure so for a figure sakes let's say £2000 one

Full details to come and pictures when I workout my photobucket password

So if interested please send me a wee message on here and I'll update this thread tonight hopefully with proper details and pictures.
IMG_20170219_164442_178.webp IMG_20170219_164302_925.webp

 

Attachments

  • 20170408_151859.webp
    20170408_151859.webp
    97.8 KB · Views: 438
  • 20170408_151907.webp
    20170408_151907.webp
    27.5 KB · Views: 452
  • 20170408_151924.webp
    20170408_151924.webp
    46.6 KB · Views: 433
  • 20170408_151931.webp
    20170408_151931.webp
    46.7 KB · Views: 451
  • 20170408_151938.webp
    20170408_151938.webp
    73.2 KB · Views: 465
  • 20170408_151953.webp
    20170408_151953.webp
    52.8 KB · Views: 442
  • 20170408_152016.webp
    20170408_152016.webp
    134.9 KB · Views: 458
Last edited:
Fair price. Good luck.
 
Good luck with your sale :p
Great colour ;)
 
Thanks @Shelly
Sadly @g8jka I don't have the space anymore nor the time.
I'd rather sell it on to someone that can take the time and funds to restore it back to the way it should be.
 
Sadly @g8jka I don't have the space anymore nor the time.
I'd rather sell it on to someone that can take the time and funds to restore it back to the way it should be.

Totally agree, keep them on the road :thumbsup:
 
I'm afraid the reality is what you list is all par for the course and something most owners on this forum will come across.

You're probably doing the right thing selling if that sort of maintenance isn't for you.
 
Back
Top