• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

2.8 worth considering ?

DaveP

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Joined
Mar 26, 2016
Points
128
Location
Reading
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 Kobra rebody (see pic)
hi all,

Note that this is not mine for sale - I'm a possible buyer...

I have added link to an Autotrader advert for what looks a clean 2.8.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201705185583675?onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&make=BMW&minimum-badge-engine-size=2.6&postcode=rg13yl&sort=sponsored&advertising-location=at_cars&model=Z3&maximum-badge-engine-size=3.0&radius=1500&page=1

Firstly apologies for :
If it is poor form to ask this question (I hope not)
If the car belongs to a member and they are offended by said question
Anyone thinking I am wasting forum time

My question is to whether anyone has viewed the car and rejected it for whatever reasons. PM me if those are not for public consumption?

£4K may be a bit heavy but that 'might be negotiable'. Knowing what I intend to do going forward this may have some items that would be of interest to other forum members.

Anyway thanks as always for reading this.

Dave
Screen Shot 2017-06-27 at 12.23.10.webp
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It looks tidy and might be worth a closer look but some serious negotiation recommended. I don't know why he has said "facelift rear lights" they are not.
 
It looks tidy and might be worth a closer look but some serious negotiation recommended. I don't know why he has said "facelift rear lights" they are not.

Perhaps he means clear rear lights if orange were standard?
 
Orange were standard yes. If it is a nice car it's not overkill at £4000. I think it's really £3500 but shouldn't take to much work to get closer to the lower figure.
 
Looks lovely. Putting the ///M badge devalues it by 500! lol. Love the angel eyes especially in the silver. Looks like it has the internal chrome pack. Too bad it doesn't come with the sports seats though.
 
You really need to view and test drive the car specific to the usual places:
under bonnet
under chasis
sills
in the boot below the carpet
the bodywork and in particular the professionally painted-in discrepencies
the hood - the rear window
ask the question about water leaks - A-Pillars - under the carpets - in the boot too - etc
driving experience: full locks - in reverse - spirited driving manouvres
lights
battery drain
Then put forward an offer - between £3000 - £4000.

Best of luck!
 
Been around a while. Someone might have viewed it.
I sold an immaculate 2.8 with less miles, fish for £3.6k about a month ago.
There's many at a lot more but haven't seen many, if any make big money, not with 90k miles anyway.
Not that the mileage is a problem.
These are great engines and will take twice as many, easily.
Best thing go and see it. Good ones somewhere near the right money won't last long.
 
Back
Top