• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

SOLD 2.0 Z3 With Hardtop

The seller seems a bit weird 'no I won't give my bank details'
Not the Least desirable engine, high miles? Poor paint, decent interior and wheels. Got to be between £800-1200? For the hassle free trying to sell the car after is it worth it for the hard top? If you got it for 1500 then yeah
 
I thought that, I have been in conversation with him though and he said he'd drive it up to me if I was interested. Been pondering over it a couple of days. I think I may just stick to saving for a 2.2. Seen a couple of nice ones around £2800 but just out of my budget at the moment.
 
I would leave well alone mate. Someone offers to bring a car to you they are desperate or out to stitch you up. It makes things awkward if they bring it and you don't want it.
 
I would leave well alone mate. Someone offers to bring a car to you they are desperate or out to stitch you up. It makes things awkward if they bring it and you don't want it.

He asked for a £80 deposit incase I didn't want it. If the paintwork was better if have had it. Kept the the hardtop and sold the car but I can see it ending up costing me £800 for the hardtop which is probably about going rate with the fitting kit anyway.
 
I think some of the comments are harsh.

I don't have a problem with the seller or the car. He's just straight talking, giving an honest assessment of the car and doesn't want to be messed around. He's just describing a typical 150k mile 17 year old car which is neither dropping to bits or pristine.

The price looks fair with the hard top. It is higher mileage but there are plenty of people (me included) who will put <1,000 miles on per year and won't care as long as it's cheap enough. I do find 2.0s a little bit of a turn-off though.

It's got a brand new MOT, refurb'd alloys and a tonneau cover. The tonneau cover would return £100 straight off. Stick a set of cheap alloys on and maybe liberate another £100+ from selling the ones currently on the car.

Pay £1,700 count the hardtop as £500 and it would be pretty sad if you couldn't get £1,200 for it. Pick the car up for £1,500 and it's a no brainer for me.

The guy is just offering to deliver the car once it's been viewed and a sale agreed in return for his fare home. I had the same offer 2 weeks ago from a seller.

Someone will get a decent deal there unless the seller is covering up a serious problem and I don't think he will be.
 
I thought that, I have been in conversation with him though and he said he'd drive it up to me if I was interested. Been pondering over it a couple of days. I think I may just stick to saving for a 2.2. Seen a couple of nice ones around £2800 but just out of my budget at the moment.

It could well turn out to be a cheap Z, you really won't notice much difference in a 2.2 less then a second on 0-60 and thats on a new car, who knows what BHP a 100k car is kicking out but it will be considerably less then the spec
 
I think the 2.2 feels perkier because of the shorter final drive and LSD (I recall it being a bit shorter than a 2.8/3.0 but not sure how it compares with the 2.0).
 
No longer available - "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available".

Did you get it @cheeseandbeans?



 
Back
Top