• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

SOLD Z3 2.8 Auto £2000 Burton Upon Trent - SOLD

Maxxxer

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
Sadly the time has come for me to part with the Z - I don't really use her enough and my commute up the M1 really isn't suited to a 2-seater convertible

BMW Z3 2.8 Auto Montreal Blue
Oregon Leather interior (tan/biscuit colour)
148k miles - MOT to October 2020
Full Service History
Wind Deflector
Two keys and fobs
Angel Eye DRL's
Z3M rear lights (originals included)
Clear side indicators (originals included)
Tonneau cover
Original BMW Business Radio
Original BMW Toolkit and Warning Triangle
Aftermarket Roof cover
Seat bushes replaced

Last MOT had a few advisories for bushes; these are all fine and show no play, but I have got Powerflex Diff Bush ready to fit (simply not had time) as this was an advisory.

I cleaned, dyed and reproofed the roof last summer, and have around half the stuff to do it again should the new owner choose to. The engine pulls nice and strong, and if i had more chance to use her i would be keeping her.

As you would expect for a 23 year old car, she does have the occasional scratch here and there - nothing major thankfully. The only bad bits in my eyes are a 4-inch (roughly) circular patch of lacquer peel on the bonnet (seems to be a common theme as its always in the same place) (see photo), and a couple of light rust patches on the sill panels (only on the sill covers though; I've had them off and the sills themselves are fine). These were present when I bought the car 2 years ago, and I was planning on getting them painted in April, however lockdown saw to that).
The bonnet has stone chips - these cars are susceptible to it. They have been touched up, but I wouldn't want you to turn up expecting a 5 year old car...

Since I've had the car, shes had a new starter motor, a new crank position sensor (ludicrously expensive 1 metre length of wire with a sensor on one end and a plug on the other - BMW part though, not a copy) and she had a new battery just before I bought the car.

The car comes with a folder full of MOT's, servicing record and all the manuals for the car, radio, everything in a nice leather BMW wallet. Its even got a brochure from when it was new and a BMW cap!

If you want more photos or have further questions, please do ask.

Sadly, the Wife wants more room on the drive, so I'm selling this and my daily for a Diesel with a bit more go....

I am open to sensible offers.

Test drive available but please bring your own disposable gloves and mask due to current conditions (at least until we are told otherwise. I'm sure you haven't got it and neither have I, but better safe than sorry eh?)

Attachments

Last edited:

pgunter

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
2.2i Sport Zedshed Special
At that price, that should sell easy enough. GLWS

Si

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0Si sport
Looks good and a great price too. If I were a little closer and had the spare cash this ticks some of the boxes for my next one. GLWTS

Maxxxer

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
Bump for a price drop. Had a few interested parties, however still for sale.

Price reduced to better reflect what i expect/hope to get for it.

Thanks.

Maxxxer

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
Final price drop - now on eBay for more than it is now on here. Bump for the weekend.

Had a couple of timewasters, one of which decided to arrive, run the engine whilst he looked around it with his 'mechanic mate' in France talking him around it, then decided as he could see a bit of rust he didn't want it. It's 23 years old, it will have rust in places.....:mad:

I did have one genuine chap off here who sadly changed his mind about buying a 2.8 at all ( hopefully I didn't put you off!).

Also the usual joy of cretinous offers via Gumtree and Autotrader too - I don't remember selling a car to ever be as hard work as this seems to be...!

Last edited: