z1

california123

Dedicated Member
Z! im not familiar with, but on wheeler dealers they where restoring one.It looked stunning for me in its yellow body, and interior,but they insisted in turning it into red.Didnt know it has plastic body parts.Odd little car but im sur e it is very exspensive to buy.

IainP

Zorg Guru (II)
British Zeds
Model of Z
325 running gear, steel chassis, not much lighter than the e30 the mechanicals came from.
hardest most uncomfortable seats I’ve ever sat in. Anything over an hour is torture. Water runs in when you open the windows or oors in a downpour. Does make a lovely noise.
The doors... people passing walk into things! And little kids “do that again mister! . . .oh! So Cool!”
Super light hood though, really easy to put up or down, and it disappears completely.
You can drive it with the doors down too. They’re actually quite dangerous, there’s no jam sensor, anything gets it the way they’ll simply crush it.
Not seen one in years.

CasZy

Dutch Zeds
Model of Z
Z1 by Mosselman
It is an amazing car. We bought one back in 1991 and still have it. 30 years now.
Back in the days it was a very technologically advanced car, very light weight, mid engine set-up, long hood, rear wheel drive, unique sliding doors, wonderful I6 engine.
Today it still drives great. Still turns heads and get's lot's of attention.
Indeed all the body panels are made of plastic. The idea once was that you could buy another set of body panels to have multiple color cars. Never heard of anyone buying a second set, it was a few day job...
Only 8,000 have ever been made. BMW introduced it is as a show car, however after getting so much interest from clients they decided to make and sell them.