Tyre suggestions.

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on the M for me every time. Tried a few different ones over the years but these have been the best for me. Interesting what @swamper says about the pressures, I too find the rears dont grip/ride so well at the correct pressures so run them a bit lower and makes all the difference, maybe its the B8s that cause it?

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on the M for me every time. Tried a few different ones over the years but these have been the best for me. Interesting what @swamper says about the pressures, I too find the rears dont grip/ride so well at the correct pressures so run them a bit lower and makes all the difference, maybe its the B8s that cause it?
Hmm it does seem like the B8s are the common link in the rears feeling a bit wayward

Scooblitz

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Tyreleader.co.uk has excellent selection and can send avon tyres to your local garage to be fitted. Prices and selection are best I've seen also.

petecossie

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3 M Coupe
Tyreleader.co.uk has excellent selection and can send avon tyres to your local garage to be fitted. Prices and selection are best I've seen also.
Funnily enough last night I was looking at my usual tyre website Camskill, used them for years. Unfortunately they don’t do the Falken 510 tyres I wanted in the sizes I require.
Tyreleader came up as an alternative with the sizes I wanted, so may give them a try in the New Year. Very impressed with layout of the site plus gave a list of fitting depots in your area.

Martin Sullivan

www.ZEDonist.com - ZED Parts
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3.0 Roadster
I do a lot a lot of miles for work and get through a fair few tyres. All on 2.0l diesels so nothing too exciting.
The best tyres Ive had have been:

Michelin Pilots (various versions)
Eagle F1 Asymmetric
Continental Sport and Premium Contact
Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2

There seems to be a lot of support for the Michelin Pilots but what about the other, similarly priced, major brands?

Dakar Z3

Dakar
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 , Z4 Coupe 3.0si Auto
Hi Martin,

I think it really depends what you want to use your car for, if you are a bit heavy footed and like to have a blast then the Michelins or Pirelli, you will get the life from Michelin (expensive), Pirelli performance great but they are very soft and mileage always suffers, if you are a fairly steady driver and you just like the odd quick getaway from the lights I think you'd be hard pushed to better Avon ZV7, I've seen many comments about who prefers what as far as tyres go, however for value for money at the lower end of PREMIUM brands Avon fits the bill for me, I've never suffered any problem with them, all that said one of the best tyres for performance and value is supposed to be LASSA believe it or not, I'm sorry I just couldn't bring myself round to fitting the brand name on my car. Maybe me being a bit snobby............:whistle:.

I recently purchased 2 x 225 40 18 ZV7 from ATS with 25% off and the pair cost me £125. I was well pleased I didn't check the price for 17's.

I did purchase a NEW 245 40 17 Avon ZV7 from Germany last week inc postage delivered it cost me £72 (DOT 2017)

John