Event The Lake's Tour April 2021. CANCELLED.

Dakar Z3

Dakar
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 , Z4 Coupe 3.0si Auto
April Friday 23rd to Monday 26th inc (Saturday & Sunday driving days).

Note: Subject to any COVID dramas.

Booking Info

The C-in-C has been on the blower and many emails to the main Company office. This is a Group Deal. Booking individually is more expensive.

Update from the Hotel 12/08/20

They will inform us what the Double/twin allocation will be nearer the time. On that basis, first come first served.

Hotel room allocation info update 13/08/20

Single Rooms x 4
Double Rooms x 6
Twin Rooms x 11

Double Rooms as per first come, first served;

Debbie & Allan
@Z Victor 1
@Paul Rice
@Redsheep
@Mark Parrish
@Richard Seargent

The remainder will be twins but we'll work with the hotel as we go along in the coming months to see if we can get more doubles.

Single Person DB&B

1 x Night £58
2 x Nights £116
3 x Nights £174

Per Couple DB&B

1 x Night £116
2 x Nights £232
3 x Nights £348

Payment Info:

• Payment by 21st March 2021 latest
  • Cancellation by 21st March 2021 latest otherwise none refundable (individuals will need to take it up with the hotel direct in the event you need to pull out at or beyond this date)
  • Payment via PayPal to us and we'll pay the total sum to the hotel as a oner.
  • Full names, Contact Number and Postcode (via PM)
We'll compile a spreadsheet with details and have set up a separate account for the funds (as per cancelled Tour)

As it stands 4 single rooms and 17 double/twin rooms have been set aside.

Max 21 cars inc me.

The list.

Group 1
1. @andyglym
2. @Paul Rice & Jacquie
3. @Redsheep & Rachel
4. @Z Victor 1 & Sharon
5. @Nodzed & Ali
6. Debbie & Allan (big Sis & Brother-in-law) 911 Carrera S.
7. @Sean d & @MrsD

Group 2
1. @Mint @Mrs Mint
2. @mwpe
3. @Mark Parrish & Wendy
4. @Jjim & Alicia
5. @Oldguysrule & Toni
6. @bob.c & Sue
7. @bertiejaffa & Charlie

Group 3
1. @Stevo7682 @Mrs Stevo
2. @Keet & Denise
3. @Synclare
4. @Richard Seargent & Andrea
5. @Robtp10
6. @RickyBobby & Mrs RickyBobby
7. @Mad2718 & Mue

Reserve List

Provisional List

1. @t-tony & Shirl.
2. @pgunter

Routes

Day

https://www.myrouteapp.com/route/open/2496552

Day 2

https://www.myrouteapp.com/route/open/2497102

Hotel Link

https://strathmorehotels-cumbriagrand.com

Stops Day 1 links

Stops Day 2 Links

http://www.skelwithbridgehotel.co.uk/

https://woolpack.co.uk/

Sun ordered (only had 1 rain affected day in the previous 6 Tours)

Handbrake & Brakes check ;)
Hello Andy,

Can you put me as a reserve please Andy, I’d need the Fri and Sat only.
DakarZ3 & Sharon

Jjim

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
Model of Z
1.9 Roadster
Hi mate, the 6 we have are currently taken.
Have to be a twin for now then. Hopefully a double will come available. Will only want it Fri and Sat

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Have to be a twin for now then. Hopefully a double will come available. Will only want it Fri and Sat
OK mate, noted, we'll try for more doubles as we go along.

Redline

Zorg Expert (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i msport
I'd be tempted to look at rescheduling for mid to late June and possibly mid-week rather than a weekend. Here's why.

Sadly - It is looking like early summer before any substantial relaxation of controls is likely. It is looking like all high risk groups will likely be vaccinated by mid-April (so the immediate risk to the NHS should be somewhat diminished by then or soon afterwards), but, it is likely that the virus will still be circulating at some significant degree amongst non-vaccinated groups for some while even then. At what point is it OK to allow relaxations of controls? Who knows?

Even if and when there is some relaxation of controls, the demand for UK hotels etc will suddenly become huge. Tourist areas are going to be rammed, especially at weekends. It will be like a switch!

So, do you wait, leave things as they are and hope?
Do you simply cancel?
Or, do you replan to balance the probabilities of where we might be at some other point? I would do this. Nothing is certain still. There's still a good risk it still might not be possible, but I think it pushes you closer to a point where there might be some greater possibility of it happening to a plan.

Good luck Andy, whatever you choose or forced to do :thumbsup:

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
I'd be tempted to look at rescheduling for mid to late June and possibly mid-week rather than a weekend. Here's why.

Sadly - It is looking like early summer before any substantial relaxation of controls is likely. It is looking like all high risk groups will likely be vaccinated by mid-April (so the immediate risk to the NHS should be somewhat diminished by then or soon afterwards), but, it is likely that the virus will still be circulating at some significant degree amongst non-vaccinated groups for some while even then. At what point is it OK to allow relaxations of controls? Who knows?

Even if and when there is some relaxation of controls, the demand for UK hotels etc will suddenly become huge. Tourist areas are going to be rammed, especially at weekends. It will be like a switch!

So, do you wait, leave things as they are and hope?
Do you simply cancel?
Or, do you replan to balance the probabilities of where we might be at some other point? I would do this. Nothing is certain still. There's still a good risk it still might not be possible, but I think it pushes you closer to a point where there might be some greater possibility of it happening to a plan.

Good luck Andy, whatever you choose or forced to do :thumbsup:
All good points and something that's been in my mind for a while now Ian #87. I'll announce my decision as soon as the PM states what's next at the review. If moved job lot I'll wait 'till September after half Term when the Lake's dies down a bit. That said, if I can I'll do a run on the original dates for those that either want to or can come, time will tell :thumbsup:

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
I'm hopeful that by the end of April we'll be able to sort something out 🤞

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Thinking positive is one thing but realism is another. Hope it can go ahead all the same.

Tony.