Event Scottish run 2020. 19th 20th September.

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
Done two of the arranged runs and 3 personal ones (a week each time) Scotland is as good as anything Switzerland has to offer IMHO, we are staying up for the week again this time and have booked a cottage on Sky so we will get to do the west coast again. Really looking forward to it as we had to cancel our hols in June.

Last edited:

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 Individual Dakar / Orinoco Individual
Hi everyone this week I have taken a kinda final decision on the route, Day 2 will be fine as is i think.
It's Day 1 that has the possibility of issues .
Had another look at Calmac website ( ferry company) and although they have all services running to a modified timetable it is turn up and go at all crossings with reduced numbers of passengers and vehicles.
If I was to go with the Mull route and we turned up at say the second ferry and we couldn't all get on because of others in front of us then the whole day would then get messed up and I don't want that to happen.

So hotel back open tomorrow we are booked in tomorrow night so a rehash of day 2 on way up and full route recce of the new Day 1 route on Sunday.
Going to see if I can get our stops for lunch etc set in stone a bit as I think may have to book stuff in advance will check that out .

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
Hi everyone this week I have taken a kinda final decision on the route, Day 2 will be fine as is i think.
Had another look at Calmac website ( ferry company) and although they have all services running to a modified timetable it is turn up and go at all crossings with reduced numbers of passengers and vehicles.
If I was to go with the Mull route and we turned up at say the second ferry and we couldn't all get on because of others in front of us then the whole day would then get messed up and I don't want that to happen.

So hotel back open tomorrow we are booked in tomorrow night so a rehash of day 2 on way up and full route recce of the new Day 1 route on Sunday.
Going to see if I can get our stops for lunch etc set in stone a bit as I think may have to book stuff in advance will check that out .
Steve happy to drive round in circles as long as it goes ahead. :thumbsup::):)

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster

I'll just go with the flow mate, just happy to be Zedding with peeps again.

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
20200801_153124.jpg
20200801_180734.jpg
15963027301955818512601044240303.jpg
Up at hotel our booking is all good have set up our dinner approx at 7.30 - 7.45 .
A lot of procedures in place for Covid they are using 3 dining rooms but said they will put us all together in the one room.
Everything is table service drinks orders brought to table.

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)

Cathia777

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
z4

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Hi Cathia did you book a single room at the hotel if so contact them and get them to change to a twin .

Cathia777

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
z4
Yes, I made the booking online and at that time I wasn't sure my sister would join me, I think I booked a twin room (single occupancy) so could you please advise them it will be 2 people? Huge thanks!

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Hi Cathia sending you a message on the PM thread I have running with you

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Hi a quick note to all attendees just to clear something up.

Apart from Cathia777 ( who booked online) all other attending members have a room reserved for them .

I will set up a pm thread this week with everyone to confirm final details.

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Well spent most of today out on the road top down all day bar caught a shower around Fort William so 25 miles roof up but
335 miles covered today done route recce back to hotel grabbed some early dinner then back down the road will do a write up here's a couple of pictures to wet your appetite :D.

20200802_121909.jpg
20200802_125110.jpg
20200802_174647.jpg

Cathia777

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
z4
Hi a quick note to all attendees just to clear something up.

Apart from Cathia777 ( who booked online) all other attending members have a room reserved for them .

I will set up a pm thread this week with everyone to confirm final details.
I have been added to the group booking now :), thanks!!

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Day 1

Revised route
20200803_135935.jpg

So after several days with road maps working on different routes this is what I finally went for.
Did a full recce of this route yesterday.

So we leave the hotel heading north to Corran ferry.
Catch the ferry across to Ardgour ( 10 min crossing) then onto Strontian for our first 30 min stop.
After Strontian its onwards to Morar for lunch this leg has the only sections of single track road on day 1 approx 20 miles of it but good passing places.
We will be stopping at Morar for lunch for around an hour.
After lunch we head back towards Fort William ( passing the Glenfinnan viaduct (Harry Potter) and the monument) this section of road weather permitting has some really good views of benn nevis still looking for a better stopping place in Fort William but have a back up if can't find a better venue.
So stop in Fort William area half hour again then the last stint will be back to hotel.

@Nodzed
Niall I will pm you will a more detailed version to allow you to set up the sat nav route ( appreciated) I will do this sometime next few days once I finalise the stop in Fort William.

Stephen.