Roll bars pushing into new top

Tyler

Hi , I have a replacement top on my car which has no bumps or bumps and there is a 10mm clearance between top of hoops and the fabric of the roof , there are only two rivets on my frame one each side as in pic 5 no others . I would take it back as something is not right ,if electric hood they may have twisted it by operating incorrectly ( not raising front of roof before lowering roof) can you compare to another Z in your area ?.
Thanks for that information. I don't know of another M Roadster in the area, but I can probably find a Z3 somewhere. It would be really useful to know what's not normal before going back to the shop. I was out of state when the top was installed a few months ago. I'm only now seeing the problem. I don't have a lot of leverage. I hope the installer is willing to help.

Mario

Zorg Legend
I think the top is moved too far fowards (rear seal is too high) - try this - when you close the top without locking it does the front lip of the top "land" on the windscreen pillar as opposed to stopping about 1cm short of touching the rubber so you need to "help it" close by pulling the front part of the top down before closing the levers?

Tyler

I think the top is moved too far fowards (rear seal is too high)
Thanks, Mario, I'll check that out today. I actually got the car back from a second trip to the installer shop. He still wasn't able to fix the problem, but he gave me most of my money back. I am now going to ask for recommendations for installers in the Dallas Fort Worth area.