Race Build Z3 Roadster

TheStorm

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3 Roadster 2.8
Hi All,

Just a quick update. I have NOT changed the setup of the engine - still the M52B28TU with chinese GT35 turbo at 0.8bar pressure, but I have change the ECU to Megasquirt 3.

The results are ... impressive. More than what I expected. I cant wait to go drive the car to see how it is now :)

(this is at the wheels)

2021Dyno.jpg

Delk

Zorg Guru (II)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 real widebody
Love it. I just put an HX35 on mine and it goes to the dyno next week.

TheStorm

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3 Roadster 2.8
Hi all,

A small update - some fiberglass parts are now ready - doors, rear, "hard"top and headlight deletes ... so slowly this become full race-ready thingy :)
20210613_112343.jpg20210613_112221.jpg
and as I said - I removed completely the wires ... and here is my new fusebox with some switches.... It needs some more attention but will be done soon.
20210614_225313.jpg
Still have not driven the car on the track :( but should be next week... Also waiting for some full slicks to be shipped.

will keep you posted

TheStorm

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3 Roadster 2.8
Hi all,

So .. this weekend there was an event here. The car was great! I was really worried if it will survive after all my altering ... but no serious issues at all. Just one turbo hose popped (not broken) but we fixed that quickly.

The ranking in the "biggest class" - Modified, over 3000cc - was as follows:

DSC-2-Modified.PNG

Where I am the 3rd, .. but all four cars are in less than a second. Interestingly all the best times were in one session, so we were in absolutely same conditions.

The first car - E36 with S54, Intrax suspension, AP 5000Rbrakes, sequential gearbox and brand new DM tyres.
The second car - BMW M2Competition, with Intrax suspension, AP 5000R brakes, DCT and GoodYear hard BTCC tyres
Me - .... m52b28 with chinese turbo, bc racing (the smaller 46mm), stock e46m3 brakes, normal ZF and GoodYear hard BTCC tyres
Fourth - E46 M50b28 turbo on 1.4 bar - 540WHP and some DS slicks

So really I am very happy with the car .... and DEFINITELY I have much more to learn on driving on full slicks.

The main target - do not break - was completed so much more to come

Cheers!

TheStorm

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3 Roadster 2.8
Hi all,

So .. couple of months passed ... and now the Z is full racecar, with full rollcage. I will post some pictures of the rollcage soon.
And I rushed to put it back together for a race .. and I am happy with the car :)

Here is one onboard of the first session, when I did my best time:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoKZTCIwsdU&ab_channel=DanailDaskalov

This session I had problem with one vacuum line and ... I was lack of power. The car was only on 0.4bar boost (which roughly means ... 300whp)

Enjoy :)

Milly

This is an amazing build and looks like a lot of fun. I’m pulling a lot of inspiration from your car for a fun street build. I’m planning a turbo set up for my car and seeing you beat on that Chinese turbo is awesome! One question though, where did you get that hood from? I can’t seem to find it anywhere. It is a couple inches wider than stock correct?