Project Liz

Ocdste

Dedicated Member
The M44 Massive
It’s been a little slow lately due to college and life getting in the way. But I have stripped the damaged sills which unbolted with relative ease just went at it slowly slowly and they all just turned out little by little. Because all the arch liners where out they got scrubbed down and all the dirt trapped inside removed, I also took the time to give the manifold a refresh started cleaning the door cards up repairing and replacing all the door card clips the wing mirror is absolute toast and need replacing with new internals. £100 each! better to do than just glue them back together though.

Attachments

herx

British Zeds
Can’t believe how fast these guys where. I have included there contact details for others in a pic though I’m sure you already know this place exists.
Out of curiosity, where did you find these guys? On ebay? Because zbitz.co.uk does not bring anything up. Of course they have a mobile number but was wondering if they have an online presence? Cheers

Ocdste

Dedicated Member
The M44 Massive
Out of curiosity, where did you find these guys? On ebay? Because zbitz.co.uk does not bring anything up. Of course they have a mobile number but was wondering if they have an online presence? Cheers
I have not looked or searched for them direct, I never thought too this is interesting to know. This is the eBay user though if that helps?

Attachments

Jjim

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
Model of Z
1.9 Roadster
Great work :thumbsup:
I had a set of mudflaps on mine when I bought her, but didn’t put them back on after repacking the outer sills as the mud flaps seem to hold all the mud and leaves against the metal and cause the sills and wings to rust easily.

Dakar Z3

Dakar
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 , Z4 Coupe 3.0si Auto
I have not looked or searched for them direct, I never thought too this is interesting to know. This is the eBay user though if that helps?
The guy from Rainbowsy on eBay is called Greig, a Z3 breaker based in Fleetwood, he is very approachable and helpful, his number is 07973 186399

Ocdste

Dedicated Member
The M44 Massive
Finally fitted the engine today and I must say I am pretty pleased with the change from where it was to now, yesterday was an 8 hour day degreasing and deep cleaning the engine bay I’m super pleased with how it looks though my hands are in bits it was worth the effort. Car starts but needs the exhaust fitting. That’s tomorrow.

Attachments

Ocdste

Dedicated Member
The M44 Massive
It’s been a very busy two weeks, since the last update I have done, front wishbones including poly bush upgrade, front drop links, fuel lines replaced with copper (thanks Tony for the advice), fuel filter, rear handbrake cables, rear cover plates, handbrake shoes, new disks, new pads, rear calipers restored and painted, rear springs, rear drop links, full exhaust from manifold back, repaired and re-attached heat shields and replaced the rear brake lines and rubber brake pipes. Here are a few pics of my efforts! after going as far as i have I have invested in new polyurethane anti roll bar bushes front and rear and I have also purchased new inner and outer track rod ends. Other than shocks and front springs it’s all brand new under there!,

Attachments

Althulas

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
M Roadster
I baulked at the first photo as I thought you plopped a piece of copper pipe as patch repair until I realised it was the handbrake cable and the garage floor. I so need some specs =)) Looking a top job with those fuel line replacements. A lot of work done there and so gratifying.

Ocdste

Dedicated Member
The M44 Massive
I have been at it again today though not on the car itself rather my current alloy wheel situation. I love the split rims I currently have on but they need extensive restoration and not something I want to rush so sat in my yard for quite some time I have some style 140’s off a 1 series I have decided to put on some winter rubber after all I’m in the north and it gets cold and wet here and stick them on typical me I have resprayed them and they look pretty good to be fair. Here are some pics of today’s progress

Attachments

Ocdste

Dedicated Member
The M44 Massive
Are you refitting the mudflaps? If not I would be interested in buying them. Your photos are good but my laptop has trouble loading them - keep getting the swirly circle thing. Bet it feels good to have new sills, @jonco has fitted some also.
Having new sills is a relief just got to get a little paint on them and get them fitted, as for the mud flaps they won’t be going back on mine if your happy to pay the postage im happy to send them to you I’m not interested in selling them they look well since I sorted them but would be happy to pass them on to another member If you want them?

Ocdste

Dedicated Member
The M44 Massive
So my last post was wheels those wheels have now got rubber and are sat on the car. I was not sure about them at first but now I have to say I’m pretty happy they really do suit the car well, it’s been a mad few weeks and the mot test is getting closer judgement day is the 11th of November 😬. i got the opportunity of a full black leather interior including door cards for £299 I couldn’t pass it up its exactly what my other half would want I also picked up an m sport steering wheel to replace my tired standard one it was a straight plug in swap and really makes a difference I have also painted the new sills and repaired and treated the wings all rubbed down and ready for final polish when I go over the whole car with the cutting compound. It won’t be a show car but the squaddie in me says bullshit baffles brains and the cleaner it looks on the 11th the better chance it has. Here are the pics plenty of them.

Attachments

Ocdste

Dedicated Member
The M44 Massive
It’s been too long, I have been full of busy, I had some trouble with a wing causing paint cracking every single time I painted so a full back to metal strip and paint was needed the wings and sills are by no means perfect but it’s good enough for now until I can sand it all back fill, prime and paint. The saga continued with a rear window replacement failure that saw the zip rip itself from the roof I could have cried! Replacement roof was then installed it really made a difference windows cleaned and new bmw stickers fixed to the windows 100% better mot is on Wednesday so fingers crossed i Have covered all the problems. It just about all brand new underneath.

Attachments