Poor Ariel Signal

Keavo69

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 roadster
Hi all I’ve recently changed the z3’s head unit to a more modern Sony
Mex -N4200bt unit and the radio signal is awful I tuned all the stations while sat in the garage and all was well
But out on the road not getting much of a reception has anyone got any ideas of the cause or how I can boost the signal
Cheers marv

Oddly Godly

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
z3 2.8
I have just updated to a head unit with dab, I have a windscreen mounted aerial for the dab. My original antenna is rubbish and became worse after someone broke it off. I glued it back together but it not good. I am hopeing to find some sort of replacement and remove the original which has a built in amplifier. Its a bit of a pain as I will have to find some way of getting the antenna cable from the boot to the head unit. As you don't have dab you could try a windscreen mounted aerial. My dab one was pretty easy to fit and hide the cable up the side of the windscreen behind the plastic

Eddie Zedder

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.0
Quite a common occurrence for a Z3 aerial. Most likely it has been broken off where the ball end fits into the grommet and then glued back together. Most people don't realise that there is a wire connected to the threaded socket and that breaks as well, hence the poor reception.