New Z3 Caretaker

bob11x

American Zeds
Model of Z
Roadster 3.0
Greetings,

I waited 28 years to drag my 68 Camaro convertible out of the barn only to find I didn't really want to spend $$$$ and hundreds of hours to restore it. I really missed the wind in the hair (whats left anyway) feel and so started to look elsewhere.
My first stop was the Miata. I never sat in one but they looked like a fun car. After reading for a while I found that the prices had shot up in the last year and a good solid car was going to be hard to find for a reasonable price.
I then happened upon a Z3 site and was very intrigued. The next thing I knew I had become the 3rd caretaker (bought) a 2001 3.0 in my favorite color - Yellow.
A quick trip to Ohio and I drove a Z3 for the first time all the way home and loved it! I still am grinning a week later.
I look forward to attending to it's needs - which are few but at 55,000 miles there will be more to come.

Attachments

Keet

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i M Sport
Hello and welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Welcome from me near Lincoln Bob. Great looking car and low ,miles too. Where are you located please?

Tony.

Jjim

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
Model of Z
1.9 Roadster
Hi, welcome from Mansfield - UK :thumbsup:

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 2.0 20i M Sport sDrive

mwpe

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Model of Z
Hi and :welcome: to the forum from Surrey, a Dakar 3.0 great.

Bonzeau

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 litre Roadster
Hi and :welcome: from Bonzo and Z3lda in Norfolk U.K. 55k?.... Just about run-in then!:D

:drinks:

Bonzo

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
:welcome: to the forum from West Cumbria, England.

bob11x

American Zeds
Model of Z
Roadster 3.0
Thank you for the warm welcome. I am in Rochester, NY, US. I hadn't realized how worldwide these Z3's were. I tried to edit my profile but it didn't appear in my profile - now it is there so it is updated.
Here is a pic of the old girl. Many a good time was had. I disassembled it in 1994 to have the body done. It sat at the "Restores" for 3 years. He managed to butcher the Left rear quarter as seen here. That is all he did in 3 years (probably thankfully). I brought it home and stored it away while life happened. I had all OEM GM sheet metal stored also. I sold that earlier and paid for 3/4 of the Z3. I hope to pass this along for more than the Zed cost. Crazy Americans... :whistle: Oh wait...🤔

I look forward to many more good times with the new old ride.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_16482.jpg

Fender2004

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
:welcome: I have had my car 12 years, and I still have a big smile on my face while driving.:coolsteer)
Enjoy

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I’ll bet there are many $$$ left in that car Bob.

Tony.

bob11x

American Zeds
Model of Z
Roadster 3.0
I am hoping. A 37k mile 2000 M just went on Ebay... in Dakar Yellow! Not that the wife would allow it ;)

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
Greetings,

I waited 28 years to drag my 68 Camaro convertible out of the barn only to find I didn't really want to spend $$$$ and hundreds of hours to restore it. I really missed the wind in the hair (whats left anyway) feel and so started to look elsewhere.
My first stop was the Miata. I never sat in one but they looked like a fun car. After reading for a while I found that the prices had shot up in the last year and a good solid car was going to be hard to find for a reasonable price.
I then happened upon a Z3 site and was very intrigued. The next thing I knew I had become the 3rd caretaker (bought) a 2001 3.0 in my favorite color - Yellow.
A quick trip to Ohio and I drove a Z3 for the first time all the way home and loved it! I still am grinning a week later.
I look forward to attending to it's needs - which are few but at 55,000 miles there will be more to come.
Welcome to the forum from Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey......................Frankie. I was up your way a few weeks ago when I bought something on e-bay that had no shipping so I had to go to Niagara Falls from south Jersey to get it. Too bad I didn't know about you sooner.