M Interior-mirror

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
Hiya lads
Can anyone who has an M just help me out a little.
The Dipped mirror switch has gone missing.
Can someone let me know how much it turns and if it's quite forceful.
I need to fangle a new switch that sits on a 4mm peg and its a right PITA.

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
Thanks fella.....can not figure a fix for this and it seems really hard to turn so worried about braking it

Althulas

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
M Roadster
I would remove the mirror and see if you can take it apart or try some silicone spray. Manual mirror are £221 on eBay:( I suppose you’ve already unbolted your seats to have agood look for the knob?
Thinking out of the box I don’t know if the knob off a Mini mirror might be a work around https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264093213741
Or have a search on eBay for BMW interior mirrors there’s got to be something that can fit and look near oem.

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
I must have lost it when I moved house....its not in the garage or car..
However....that mini mirror....hmm now that's a good call.....i only want the knob 😉

Edit...just bought a very cheap mini mirror...lets see how it goes

Last edited:

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
Thinking about I’ll pull the knob off my wife’s Mini and see if it will fit my ///M
Don't do that hahaha

The 1 series shaft is much more prominent than on the M....ours sits in more of a recess. And sits slightly inside the hole

Althulas

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
M Roadster
Apologies for late reply but have been having fun at home with a leak in the bathroom looks like the other half will get her remodelling of the bathroom sooner than later:bashhead:

I could get my knob off and didn’t want to force it with the cold but the Mini button is of very similar dimensions in diameter and height, hopefully the spline part matches or could be epoxied on. One here for £8 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322922023959

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
I've got one on the way....if the knob is the same sizeish then the internals may be the same....maybe a bit of cheap fix if the mechanism goes