Hi - thanks for the acceptance

Ian Cambs

116-1610_IMG.JPG
AA2F05BE-3490-40D0-A2F8-B2CB71716898.jpeg

In 2006 the first of our children was born and the 2.8 Z3 had to go. I loved that car and owned her for five years. A painful day when the new owner drove her away!! In June 2020, a Z returned to my drive - couldn't be happier to have one again! Last of the E89's registered in 2017. 2.0 MSport (I can feel the remap coming on already). You have a great owners site and I look forward to reading through the posts.

Slam

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Zedless. Mini GP 1379
Hi and welcome from London

benf

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 E89
Hi and welcome from Leicestershire, I've got a 20i had a remap a week after purchasing, totally transforms the car, I was looking for a 28i but couldn't find a good one. Now mine is slightly quicker also cheaper on purchase price, win/win:thumbsup:

Keet

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i M Sport
Hello and welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Hi @Ian Cambs, :welcome: to the forum from me too in Staffordshire.

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 2.0 20i M Sport sDrive

ktnez99

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8L
Hello and welcome @Ian Cambs You’re in the right place for lots of Z chat and advice.

Martin Sloan

Hi and welcome from Leicestershire, I've got a 20i had a remap a week after purchasing, totally transforms the car, I was looking for a 28i but couldn't find a good one. Now mine is slightly quicker also cheaper on purchase price, win/win:thumbsup:
Hi, I've just got a 20i myself and booked in for the remap. Anything I need to watch for, or should be prepared for. How's fuel economy too? Cheers, Martin

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
Do some research before you remap the 4 pots, it hasn't been plain sailing for everyone. Check out the e89 forums.

benf

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 E89
Hi, I've just got a 20i myself and booked in for the remap. Anything I need to watch for, or should be prepared for. How's fuel economy too? Cheers, Martin
Fuel economy is fine 30mpg and that's not hanging about! No issues since remap done about 2000 miles covered in 9 month's, I did a lot of reading up first, then specifically brought a 20i to remap it, looked for the 28i but just couldn't find a nice one.

mcremin85

Dedicated Member
Fuel economy is fine 30mpg and that's not hanging about! No issues since remap done about 2000 miles covered in 9 month's, I did a lot of reading up first, then specifically brought a 20i to remap it, looked for the 28i but just couldn't find a nice one.
Sorry to dig up an old tread have a 2.0L and am thinking of getting a remap. Was it worth it?

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Sorry to dig up an old tread have a 2.0L and am thinking of getting a remap. Was it worth it?
You won't get anywhere near the same impact from a normally aspirated car compared to a turbocharged car. I had one done on my 2.8 Z3 and you can definitely feel the difference though relatively minor, crisper and better pick-up.

benf

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 E89
If yours is a 2litre e89 then definitely, I never get bored of the instant power, if it's an e85 then probably not worth it.

Truthhunter

View attachment 150673 View attachment 150675
In 2006 the first of our children was born and the 2.8 Z3 had to go. I loved that car and owned her for five years. A painful day when the new owner drove her away!! In June 2020, a Z returned to my drive - couldn't be happier to have one again! Last of the E89's registered in 2017. 2.0 MSport (I can feel the remap coming on already). You have a great owners site and I look forward to reading through the posts.
Ohhhhhh man that z4 looks amazing in black 👌👍🏼 As I said in my introduction today I am looking for silver or grey one ,but I love the black if only it looked that good the day after the clean n Polish😂🙄 . Enjoy that beauty my friend , hope to see you soon . I’ll have one this week and will be touring uk in it👌👍🏼