Hi All

Big_Bad_Dom

Hey Everyone,

I’ve just joined this forum as I recently bought a 1998 Z3 and am very much looking forward to picking up some hints and tips as to how to keep her in good working order.

I’ve already done the usual serviceable items, such as brake overhaul, re-hung the exhaust & sorted out the play in the electric seats. Also replaced the rear suspension springs as one was broken. So I’ve been kept pretty busy, but thoroughly enjoying my time working on her!

Still got to sort out corrosion on the sill covers and the steering wheel is very worn (so considering getting that refurbed), but having a blast out on the roads in the meantime!!

Cheers!

2BF77531-0D5E-451C-999B-F53EA68851EE.jpeg

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Hi Dom, welcome from me near Lincoln. Glad you're having fun. Where are you located please?

Tony.

Big_Bad_Dom

Hi Dom, welcome from me near Lincoln. Glad you're having fun. Where are you located please?

Tony.
Hi Tony,
Thanks Tony! Yes, having lots of fun, had the Z3 out today given the amazing weather!!
I live in Bristol.
Dom

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I managed a top down run to Waddington today to pick up a new dash cam for Shirl's oil burner. Another this evening for a run to the local Chinese takeaway but I had to put a jumper on, soon turns cool these days

Tony.

Keet

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i M Sport
Hello and welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

Big_Bad_Dom

Hi and welcome from me in Oxfordshire. Royal steering wheels will sort you out a refurb with a thicker padded version. You can use the search function to see other members.
Thanks Althulas!

I was looking at Royal Steering Wheels. Any idea of a ball park price for a wheel refurb?

Regards,

Dom

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
Hey Everyone,

I’ve just joined this forum as I recently bought a 1998 Z3 and am very much looking forward to picking up some hints and tips as to how to keep her in good working order.

I’ve already done the usual serviceable items, such as brake overhaul, re-hung the exhaust & sorted out the play in the electric seats. Also replaced the rear suspension springs as one was broken. So I’ve been kept pretty busy, but thoroughly enjoying my time working on her!

Still got to sort out corrosion on the sill covers and the steering wheel is very worn (so considering getting that refurbed), but having a blast out on the roads in the meantime!!

Cheers!

View attachment 156655
Welcome to the forum from Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey......................Frankie. Is that Imola red?

Big_Bad_Dom

Welcome to the forum from Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey......................Frankie. Is that Imola red?
Hi Frankie,

Thanks for the message! The colour is Hellrot 314, or at least that’s what it says on the plate under the bonnet.

Cheers,

Dom

Jjim

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
Model of Z
1.9 Roadster
Hi, welcome from Mansfield :thumbsup:

Paul Rice

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds