Hard time getting the viscous hub off?

the Nefyn cat

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Actually in Nefyn. My, that took a while.
Model of Z
2.2i Sport
Had that earlier, in the past it's been a matter of putting a 32mm spanner on the nut and giving it some persuasion with a 4lb club hammer, I even made a bar to hold the water pump pulley a few years back but that just bent this time. Now, I will take no responsibility for any damage caused to anyone elses' car, but eventually I resorted to a tool I've never used on a car before. Took my SDS drill out there with a chisel bit in it, only took a couple of seconds for it to have the desired effect. Not recommended etc but it worked.
Now the fan's off I can see where the water leak's coming from, tiny crack in the thermostat housing. Damn, they're expensive for a bit of plastic. Probably the original, so shouldn't complain too much, but still.......

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
When mine started leaking was it last year, or the year before, anyway when I got it off it turned out to be the "O" ring gasket was just flattened and useless. Probably could've got away with just a seal but at 17 years old, no brainer.

Tony.

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
Now the fan's off I can see where the water leak's coming from, tiny crack in the thermostat housing.
Was probably fine until some lunatic went at it with an SDS :facepalm: =)) =)) =))