Event CANCELLED Wye Valley & Forest of Dean Autumn Colours 2020

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
This is going to be a funny day, with the amount of people already booked into local hotels there's going to be a high concentration of Z3's in the area :D
If there is a high concentration of Zeds in the area (by coincidence) that weekend then group formation may be inevitable? And if that's the case well, these things happen do they not, no individual could be blamed for organising an illegal event and the forum could not be called into disrepute for being the platform just such an event was arranged. :whistle::whistle:

You never know I may be out and about that weekend too.

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
2018 routes

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
2019/20 routes

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)

Mr C

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
Well we have booked and paid for 2 nights so we will be going but there are places we can visit so don't need a route to follow anyone

Tearoom

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Just for the record, we are quite happy doing our own thing.
We will be around the Ross-on Wye Premier Inn Saturday evening / night
Although I will be driving, my zed does tend to like following other zeds as and when it sees them, it's like it develops a will of its own.
Almost doglike, it seems to recognise one of its own by sniffing their exhaust pipe(s)
Luckily we intend to stay on the English side of the border, as martial law seems to have been imposed on the other. :whistle:

Last edited:

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
Hi all. FYI
Due to the changes happening with the Welsh borders and CORVID, and it may get worse, a word of caution to any of you that are still coming to the Forest / Wye Valley area on the run weekend to do "your own thing" if you are following any routes from the last 4 years just bear in mind the Wye Valley road section from Monmouth to Redbrook and Bigsweir Bridge to Tintern and on to Chepstow are in fact on the Welsh side of the border. Unfortunately it's some of the best parts of the area. Below I have marked the sections of road you need to be aware of and where you would be in Wales. Basically most of the Lower Wye Valley the river is the England/Wales border.

All sections of the Forest of Dean are in England.

1602844526080.png

Tearoom

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Hmmmmm That's most of my route from Bristol.

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
Hmmmmm That's most of my route from Bristol.
Get over the Severn Bridge and get onto the B4228 St Briavels, You're into England and the Forest then Warrick. If you want some satnav routes just shout and I'll do some for you to hereford on some nice roads.

1602853347050.png

pgunter

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
2.2i Sport Zedshed Special
@Nodzed

would appreciate a route from the old seven bridge crossing through the forest to the PI too please.

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
@Tearoom Here you go, scenic route from Chepstow to Hereford, via the part of the Wye Valley thats in England and Yat Rock, and you will stay in England other than the 2 miles through Chepstow.

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)

mwpe

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Model of Z
Hi all. FYI
Due to the changes happening with the Welsh borders and CORVID, and it may get worse, a word of caution to any of you that are still coming to the Forest / Wye Valley area on the run weekend to do "your own thing" if you are following any routes from the last 4 years just bear in mind the Wye Valley road section from Monmouth to Redbrook and Bigsweir Bridge to Tintern and on to Chepstow are in fact on the Welsh side of the border. Unfortunately it's some of the best parts of the area. Below I have marked the sections of road you need to be aware of and where you would be in Wales. Basically most of the Lower Wye Valley the river is the England/Wales border.

All sections of the Forest of Dean are in England.

View attachment 159459
Thanks for that Niall, barring any more drastic restrictions, we will still be coming but I think it will be a play it by ear and do your own thing on the day.

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
Thanks for that Niall, barring any more drastic restrictions, we will still be coming but I think it will be a play it by ear and do your own thing on the day.
Well Mike Wales will be in lock down before then so stay out of the Wye Valley. The police were stopping cars last lock down and on the local news today they said they will be again. If you want a safe route just say and I'll do you one

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)

Tearoom

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Get over the Severn Bridge and get onto the B4228 St Briavels, You're into England and the Forest then Warrick. If you want some satnav routes just shout and I'll do some for you to hereford on some nice roads.

View attachment 159471
I might just put on some false plates and travel up the Wye Valley. I'm sure I have a picture of Alun's reg somewhere. ;)

mwpe

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Model of Z
Well Mike Wales will be in lock down before then so stay out of the Wye Valley. The police were stopping cars last lock down and on the local news today they said they will be again. If you want a safe route just say and I'll do you one
If you have any good routes which avoid Wales it would be good.

Tearoom

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
I'm going to watch old episodes of Gavin & Stacey in case I get stopped by police.
'Hello officer, what's occurring?'