Brian H - Imola Z4M

Brian H

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
E36/7 3.0i - E85 Z4///M
Seems to be, I’ve looked at Hardtops on and off for a while £750 - £1000 seems to be the going price, mind you it is the wrong time of year to sell one.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I know someone who got a bargain last year ............................... :(

Tony.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
My Oxford Green was only £259 plus £99 for the fitting kit!! Like the contrast so am leaving it till the whole car gets new paint!! JIM

Brian H

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
E36/7 3.0i - E85 Z4///M
Whilst loading the car on the trailer to go to Castle Combe i noticed one of the back boxes hanging a little differently, upon inspection I found a crack in the centre section exhaust where the backbox joins the centre section.

Part 1 below.

8D866172-5454-4CB2-97CE-0AE9D3915037.jpeg

BMW want £750-£800 for a new one so I took it off and dropped it off at a stainless steel exhaust centre, they will hopefully repair it for me. I off loaded the car and needles to say I attended a trackday without a car, a first for me.

With the exhaust removed, I noticed a small amount of oil on the heat shielding under the rear diff, upon further inspection the pinion seal looks to be on the way out. Yet another to do!!! My Z4 is kicking my but at the moment!!!

A new seal and diff oil has been picked up, c£36 for 0.5l of diff oil, I need 1.2l :woot: A job for tomorrow.

Last edited:

Brian H

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
E36/7 3.0i - E85 Z4///M
That should keep this year's snow out looking good Brian :thumbsup:
Thanks Steve, I love the look with the ht on. The rest of the car however is being temperamental, nothing a can of petrol would not solve.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Perhaps instead of ///M it should be ///MF :mad::mad:. I remember last year Brian you said that the Z4 cabin was a "hellish" place to be on a frosty morning. To be honest I think that anywhere on a frosty morning is like that.;)

Tony.

Brian H

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
E36/7 3.0i - E85 Z4///M
Perhaps instead of ///M it should be ///MF :mad::mad:. I remember last year Brian you said that the Z4 cabin was a "hellish" place to be on a frosty morning. To be honest I think that anywhere on a frosty morning is like that.;)

Tony.
Just now it is a ///MF, I’m sure I’ll get through the bits and pieces but it just feels like the car needs to be pampered at all times, I could throw anything at the Z3 and it dealt with it.

End of grumpy post..........

Dino D

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Manual
Just now it is a ///MF, I’m sure I’ll get through the bits and pieces but it just feels like the car needs to be pampered at all times, I could throw anything at the Z3 and it dealt with it.

End of grumpy post..........
Could be worse, it could be a red Ferrari or something turbo charged that needs all sorts of attention!

Maybe the Dakar will make a reappearance as a back up car :whistle:

Brian H

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
E36/7 3.0i - E85 Z4///M
Could be worse, it could be a red Ferrari or something turbo charged that needs all sorts of attention!

Maybe the Dakar will make a reappearance as a back up car :whistle:
Your right Dino, just having a grumpy moment, I hope to get the Dakar back on the road next year, just as a road car though.