BC racing

Delk

Zorg Guru (II)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 real widebody
A year ago I needed front adjustable camber to fix a minor rubbing issue. To get it done quickly I installed a set of Maxrubbish coil overs. I knew they were not great but were cheap and short term.

Today I finally managed to fit a set of BC Racing ones with 8kg rear and 6kg front springs I have had for a few months. Absolutely night and day driving. Norfolk is not known for smooth roads and now I can zip around tractors with ease.

The maxrubbish shocks were simply stiff and the car felt light in bumps. Now its a comfort to drive and feels as if its going to follow the road without any help.

On another plus side my covid garage gets a door on Tuesday. Now bring on the rest of the winter projects.

Indie.jpg

Delk

Zorg Guru (II)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 real widebody
We got the house three days before the first lockdown. This has been my working from home project. Can wait for the door on Tuesday.

Its even better when the misses is home.

16053556355598781929672461170357.jpg

Martin Sullivan

www.ZEDonist.com - ZED Parts
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3.0 Roadster
Hi Delk
it’s good to hear of someone else fitting the BC Racing coilovers. I’ve got a set on order and should be here in the next week.

Where did you source yours from?

Delk

Zorg Guru (II)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 real widebody
I bought the coilovers from DC performance. They had the best price I could find at the time. Extremely happy with them and the drive so much better.

Because of covid I didnt get the build the garage I wanted but this worked out really well. The main section I ended up ordering from one of the companies that does summer houses. It is actually a car port that I had them put longer legs on. They screwed up didnt supply the legs at the dimensions I requested hence the small cement upstand its sitting on so I could get it full height. I then built the extension on the side and put tonge and groove on it so it is now a garage. The lift is fantastic and makes raising and lowering the car super simple. Was a blessing for setting the coil over heights.

Dino D

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Manual
Can’t go wrong with BC. Mine have been on 5yrs already.
I was sceptical for the price and said at the time that if they lasted 4 yrs I’d be happy. Pleasantly surprised.
I’ve changed the springs because of rust, could have coated these but they sell the springs separately for a good price so I’ll keep the old ones and treat them and have a spare set.

Did you not fit the front camber plates?
A little negative up front makes a big difference.
I was 1,5 for road which was great improvement. Now at 2 for track and it’s zero under steer.

Last edited:

Dino D

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Manual
Ps I see you are in Norfolk.....watch out for 5 series estate cars there...it turns out not all of them appreciate BMW the way we do and they have a special note book to write you a little letter with...

Delk

Zorg Guru (II)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 real widebody
I have the camber set at 2 degrees in. Needed to adjust it originally to stop a bit of rubbing but found it drives well.

I have issues with the little mobile van with cameras.